Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by Kammekor »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:20 pm The situation is a bit more complicated.

IATA stipulates a negative Covid 19 test 72 hrs before ARRIVAL - not departure. As this is the regulation the check in personnel will follow there is a problem. It might be a good policy to make sure that one complies with the IATA requirements to avoid extreme stress or even denied boarding.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Click on Cambodia on the map and the details pop up.

It might be good to add the other requirements like 2000 USD deposit, fee schedule and expenses.
Interesting to see what happens in case of a serious delay. 72 hours before arrival doesn’t make any sense to me. Asking for trouble I’d say....
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

The 72 hrs before ARRIVAL is a sad reality. I checked with Singapore Airlines and it is part of their regulations. In other words, this is being implemented. Silk Air has returned to PP so customers might do good to pay close attention.
The information posted by some embassies is therefore misleading.
No idea who could clarify the situation and clean out this contradiction between airline/IATA and government rules.
Rtrac
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Rtrac »

Cambodia
Published 10.08.2020
1. All visa exemptions, visas on arrival and e-visas are suspended.
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic visa (Visa A) or an official visa (Visa B) issued by Cambodia.
2. Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival.
- This does not apply to nationals of Cambodia.
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic visa (Visa A) or an official visa (Visa B) issued by Cambodia.
3. Passengers must:
- have an insurance policy with a minimum medical coverage of USD 50,000; and
- deposit USD 2,000 at a designated bank on arrival.
This does not apply to:
- nationals of Cambodia;
- passengers with a diplomatic visa (Visa A) or an official visa (Visa B) issued by Cambodia;
- nationals of Cambodia with a foreign passport and a Visa K entry permit issued by Cambodia.
4. Passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine for 14 days.

--------------------------------------------------------
Good to cover your bases by meeting the requirement of 72 hours prior to arrival as it is the one sticking point that seems to cause most travelers to be barred entry into Cambodia.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yes I read many times before departure, then I saw before arrival which is pretty hard when you have a 20hour flight and transits
Plus you don't know how long before you get test results back
I got my doctor to rewrite the test results letter to the day before ,he was ok with that, understanding how Cambodian officials can be.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Thanks Rtrac.

I got the Aug. 4 regulations from the embassy as an enclosed file and in the text the prior to departure statement.

Seems they were not up to date.
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

Hi All just for clarity and to set my mind at rest. It’s 72 hours before departure correct? I am flying on a Saturday morning so my best bet is Doing the test on the Wednesday? I want to make sure I have enough time to receive the results and get the certificate. I have heard of someone who got his results just three hours before flying. I really want to avoid that situation.

Thanks
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Yes 72 hours before departure good luck with the tests , safe travels
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes...the official directive states "Medical Certificate indicating a negative COVID-19 status within 72 hours of date of departure...", but some airlines have been applying a "within 72 hours of arrival" policy. Suggest you check with the airline you are flying with, and carry copies of the official Cambodian directives, and have the MoFAIC COVID-19 website bookmarked on your phone just in case.

Acceptable Medical Certificate format template

WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

That was really helpful information thanks. I am flying with Singapore airlines so hopefully they will not do the impossible 72 before arrival requirement. But you have given me something to work with. Cheers
WizBall
Expatriate
Mauritius

Post by WizBall »

It seems the final 14 day test price has been reduced to $30 at the Khmer Soviet Hospital. I was expecting to pay $100 and handed over the bill with my documents to the hazmat suit encased cashier. When he tried handing me back some notes I had to double check with him that I was paying for the correct test. I'm not sure if the remainder will be deducted from my bank deposit but who knows?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic