Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Smedley
Tourist
Turks & Caicos Is

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by Smedley »

And what about someone who has a 1 year Cambo retirement visa and is stuck in VN? Is there any way to get back in? And what's this I heard about now having to show health insurance? Does that apply to someone who has an already existing 1 year retirement EOS issued before all this insanity?

I can't imagine surviving for 2 weeks in a Cambodia quarantine center, sleeping on a hard cot with a bunch of strangers, worrying if they are going to rob you while you sleep...not having access to one's usual diet...in addition to the time lost...
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

Smedley wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:26 pm And what about someone who has a 1 year Cambo retirement visa and is stuck in VN? Is there any way to get back in? And what's this I heard about now having to show health insurance? Does that apply to someone who has an already existing 1 year retirement EOS issued before all this insanity?

I can't imagine surviving for 2 weeks in a Cambodia quarantine center, sleeping on a hard cot with a bunch of strangers, worrying if they are going to rob you while you sleep...not having access to one's usual diet...in addition to the time lost...
I thought the were going to quaratine people at the Grand Duke hotel

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/702701/phn ... e-centere/
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

You also need a cert no more than 72 hours old saying your free of the virus
I think the med cert is useless what's to say you don't catch it after the test eg at the airport or on your flight plus your going into isolation that's going to insure your free and cannot spread it.
What's the thought of everyone in Cambodia at the moment do you think people should be returning to Cambodia or should we stay where we are.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Stay put for a while if you are in comfort. Who knows where the world will be in a month or two. It could be a lot worse.

I want to return in June (from the UK) but am beginning to think that is highly ambitious.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:40 pm Stay put for a while if you are in comfort. Who knows where the world will be in a month or two. It could be a lot worse.

I want to return in June (from the UK) but am beginning to think that is highly ambitious.
I was looking at late June / early July too, but am beginning to resign myself to more like Christmas time now.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

TeachingForPeanuts wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:30 pm I thought the were going to quaratine people at the Grand Duke hotel

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/702701/phn ... e-centere/
Only for those suspected or infected.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:52 pm You also need a cert no more than 72 hours old saying your free of the virus
I think the med cert is useless what's to say you don't catch it after the test eg at the airport or on your flight plus your going into isolation that's going to insure your free and cannot spread it.
What's the thought of everyone in Cambodia at the moment do you think people should be returning to Cambodia or should we stay where we are.
Firstly is there anyway of getting here? Don't miss understand me because I am well aware of how bad the situation is in the UK. I have worries for my own family there. But if you did return and had to go into quarantine/isolation, and here it is said how well the authorities are dealing with the people infected by the virus, with their qualified medical personal.
But, my feeling is being quarantined, if not single room isolation you would be at more risk.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

To look at it from another angle
Cambodia would be crazy to let in foreigners from countries where the virus is running rampant, without really serious control measures.
And those foreigners are being arrogant and reckless if they don't accept that Cambodian view.

just sayin'
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:23 am To look at it from another angle
Cambodia would be crazy to let in foreigners from countries where the virus is running rampant, without really serious control measures.
And those foreigners are being arrogant and reckless if they don't accept that Cambodian view.

just sayin'
Yes, there is that view, maybe they was putting it politely when mentioning health insurance and $50.000 in the bank.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:04 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:23 am To look at it from another angle

just sayin'
Yes, there is that view, maybe they was putting it politely when mentioning health insurance and $50.000 in the bank.
I don't believe there is any requirement for $50,000 in the bank. I'm sure it was $50,000 health insurance cover.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic