Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by Freightdog »

Where, geographically, are you attempting to pay for the e-visa?

Occasionally, I run into problems using a UK issued card on a foreign website from a different third location. It may be Visa/MasterCard/issuer restrictions.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Robins wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 am Good luck with the E visa. I tried 3 credit cards all rejected. I then called my bank and they can't tell me why. Why can't government set up a website that works. Planning to visit PP Dec 1-6.
Are you using the correct (official) e-Visa website?
http://www.evisa.gov.kh

Unless you're trying to save room in your passport, why not just get yourself the visa on arrival, cheaper and doesn't take long (unless you arrive at the same time as several flights full of rude chinese cunts).
Robins
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Robins »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:55 pm
Robins wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 am Good luck with the E visa. I tried 3 credit cards all rejected. I then called my bank and they can't tell me why. Why can't government set up a website that works. Planning to visit PP Dec 1-6.
Are you using the correct (official) e-Visa website?
http://www.evisa.gov.kh

Unless you're trying to save room in your passport, why not just get yourself the visa on arrival, cheaper and doesn't take long (unless you arrive at the same time as several flights full of rude chinese cunts).
Thank you but yes, I'm running short of pages and they won't add them anymore. I called Capital one then the charge went through.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Some update on the extension business:

1 day express service for E visa extension: Bring by 8 AM and pickup no later than 9 PM. No photo needed (it was not my first extension).
288 USD plus 70 USD next to Lucky Motors, left hand side.

5Oceans had quoted me 80 USD for 2 days service. I assume that it because they dont offer a past 6 or 7 PM pickup.

That is a little cheaper than what I had seen on here. Allegedly there are also 60 USD express fee services but I have no specific info on that. No 5 day service etc.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE:
Due to the covid-19 health crisis, the Cambodian Ministry of Tourism has announced that it will waiver fees for tourist visa extensions and overstays from 26 March 2020 until 30 June 2020.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@CEOCambodiaNews where did you get that information from? It certainly isn't from that document, and by all accounts the info is actually not 100% incorrect.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 pm @CEOCambodiaNews where did you get that information from? It certainly isn't from that document, and by all accounts the info is actually not 100% incorrect.
:thumb: You are right, PSD-Kiwi, this is not the right document , this is an announcement of a delay of payment for people who work in the tourism industry, because of coronavirus, such as Tourist agency, tour guide, translator, guesthouse, spa, health and tourist sport, restaurant, transportation, and resort. Valid till June 30, 2020.

For more information, please contact no. 023 53 20 999.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Update:
Nav
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by Nav »

The above mentions visa exemptions, tourist visa, e-visa and VOA all being suspended.
I have a current EB visa (NZ passport).
Could I fly back to Cambodia (I have the insurance and the medical shouldn't be an issue) if I want?
I understand there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine which doesn't bother me too much.
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

Nav wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:36 am
I understand there is a mandatory 14 day quarantine which doesn't bother me too much.
It may not be a self-quaratine. It may be in a facility of their choosing and at your expense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic