Kicking off in America

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Kicking off in America

Post by phuketrichard »

Watching the news today, i cant believe what is going on in America, that nothing in past 60 years has really changed for so many.
The murder of unarmed blacks goes on and on, yet those in power sit back and watch.

Sometimes i wonder where this will lead to

Unlike the title of the poem

THIS revolution will be televised

Early on Friday, the CNN reporter Omar Jimenez and his crew were arrested while covering the Minneapolis protests. The arrest happened on live television.Credit...via CNN
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Kicking off in America

Post by rexwell »

Surprising how many white men are killed by the police. Hardly ever see it on the news, people don't seem to protest or riot about it.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/585 ... e-by-race/
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rexwell wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:55 am Surprising how many white men are killed by the police. Hardly ever see it on the news, people don't seem to protest or riot about it.
Given the 'African Americans' only make up 12.7% of the population they're pretty over-represented in your statistics.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

rexwell wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:55 am Surprising how many white men are killed by the police. Hardly ever see it on the news, people don't seem to protest or riot about it.
Considering they are about 86% of the population one would expect a large percent. African Americans consist of only 14% of the population and yet account for approximately half the deaths.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Aside from what the other two posters said, your data says nothing about "white men", it also does not take into account whether the victim was armed or not.
This "Hardly ever see it on the news" is ludicrous at best.
up to you...
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

America needs a law that doubles the punishment every time a white person kills a black person, period. The officer was white and the victim was black. How is that not obviously a hate crime, pure and simple?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

:beer1:
General Mackevili wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 am America needs a law that doubles the punishment every time a white person kills a black person, period. The officer was white and the victim was black. How is that not obviously a hate crime, pure and simple?
While the statistics of African American deaths are true i believe the figures you need to be looking at are who kills all those African Americans.
Not able to dig into the figures atm as i am a bit busy but i think blacks killing blacks accounts for a large chunk of the overall deaths.
Also given blacks are over represented in the number of crimes committed one would expect, because of this increased interaction with the LEAs, them to suffer more for it.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'm surprised that some people are surprised. This kind of thing has been happening over and over again for decades, it's as predictable as a Monday after a Sunday.
ThatGuy
Tourist
United States of America

Post by ThatGuy »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:58 am America needs a law that doubles the punishment every time a white person kills a black person, period. The officer was white and the victim was black. How is that not obviously a hate crime, pure and simple?
Yep, because obviously the answer to stopping racism is ... more racism.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

IraHayes wrote:While the statistics of African American deaths are true i believe the figures you need to be looking at are who kills all those African Americans.
Not able to dig into the figures atm as i am a bit busy but i think blacks killing blacks accounts for a large chunk of the overall deaths.
Also given blacks are over represented in the number of crimes committed one would expect, because of this increased interaction with the LEAs, them to suffer more for it.
You’re trying to impose rational analysis on an emotional argument. Emotions always win.

Blacks killing blacks isn’t racism.

Blacks killing whites isn’t racism.

Only whites killing blacks is racism.

Blacks killing white cops isn’t racism.

Blacks killing black cops isn’t racism, either.

Only white cops killing blacks is racism.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic