Kicking off in America

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Re: An alternative view on BLM (UK)

Post by Foreigner »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:24 am
Foreigner wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 am I completely understand and share the outrage of people at the killing of George Floyd, and the violence that US police seem to perpetuate towards black citizens.
Except the facts don’t support this claim. Tucker Carlson broke the numbers down using the actual figures. And it seems out of the 10 blacks killed whilst they were unarmed 2 saw the police officers facing charges and he didn’t even dwell too long on the greater number of unarmed whites who were killed by the police.

Dude, the mistake you're making there is thinking that the protestors care about facts.

It's the same in the UK. I looked at this and although arrests of black people are about 3 times higher than white people, the conviction rate from arrests is almost identical. Also, if a black person is arrested, they are statistically less likely than a white person to die in custody. Try telling that to 80% of people though.

The UK labour party have just written a letter of complain to a government Minister in which they refer to,

"the structural and institutional racism that unjustly targets black communities in the UK".

Again the vast majority of people will just automatically agree with the reference, most people are saying the same thing and if you try to query it you will just get shot down. But I'm yet to see ANYONE specify what these issues are. I'm still waiting to have it explained now.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Foreigner wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:49 am
Foreigner wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 am I completely understand and share the outrage of people at the killing of George Floyd, and the violence that US police seem to perpetuate towards black citizens.
Except the facts don’t support this claim. Tucker Carlson broke the numbers down using the actual figures. And it seems out of the 10 blacks killed whilst they were unarmed 2 saw the police officers facing charges and he didn’t even dwell too long on the greater number of unarmed whites who were killed by the police.

Dude, the mistake you're making there is thinking that the protestors care about facts.

It's the same in the UK. I looked at this and although arrests of black people are about 3 times higher than white people, the conviction rate from arrests is almost identical. Also, if a black person is arrested, they are statistically less likely than a white person to die in custody. Try telling that to 80% of people though.

The UK labour party have just written a letter of complain to a government Minister in which they refer to,

"the structural and institutional racism that unjustly targets black communities in the UK".

Again the vast majority of people will just automatically agree with the reference, most people are saying the same thing and if you try to query it you will just get shot down. But I'm yet to see ANYONE specify what these issues are. I'm still waiting to have it explained now.
[Post deleted for fear of stating the bloody obvious]
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Kicking off in America

Post by newkidontheblock »

Big Daikon wrote:This may be a more interesting point here. Many social institutions are on the decline and blacks exhibit these tendencies in greater numbers than other groups.
Good intentions lead to unintended consequences.

Welfare was created to help blacks. But then it allowed wives to toss their husbands, and then make it as a single parent. How many are baby daddies vs. fathers there vs other ethnic groups?

Desegregation was meant to help blacks, too. Previously blacks had to band to together and build institutions, colleges, etc. Those better off had to contribute to make the community better. Desegregation allowed the better educated, higher socioeconomic blacks to escape, destroying the stability of these communities and forcing the government step in more and more.

Social security and Medicare was created to help the elderly. But it also meant that they no longer depended on the family, and the family on them. Another pillar keeping society together lost.

Does that mean it shouldn’t have done? No. But instead of blaming (fill in the blank) for all these current woes, maybe a more comprehensive examination is needed.

Don’t worry, BLM, antifa, and the media will never do the necessary soul searching.

Emotions always win over reason.

Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Yerg wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am

Yeah, that seems to be the typical kind of response. Noone is actually capable of specifying what the prejudice is so just make glib pointless comments such as that one.

If someone can specify some racism then other people might take an interest.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Yerg wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am [Post deleted for fear of stating the bloody obvious]
So, what is the "bloody" obvious?
TheImplication
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by TheImplication »

Foreigner wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:37 am
Yerg wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:17 am

Yeah, that seems to be the typical kind of response. Noone is actually capable of specifying what the prejudice is so just make glib pointless comments such as that one.

If someone can specify some racism then other people might take an interest.
It’s sad because you would think something so important to someone would be worth the time to explain in an adult manner rather than just shaming for not blindly following group think.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Foreigner wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:49 am"the structural and institutional racism that unjustly targets black communities in the UK".
Always reminds me of the late and great anthropologist Henry Harpending.

"The late anthropologist Henry Harpending, who spent 4 years doing field work in his beloved Africa, noticed the spread in American academia of African-style black magic witch doctor logic with the insistence on "institutional racism" and "white privilege"."

https://westhunt.wordpress.com/2012/01/ ... ch-doctor/
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

The lefties are now raising a formal petition to the government to make it the law for children to be taught the following in british schools:

1. the history of Africa
2. the white kids in the class are "privileged"
3. everything the UK did before 2000 was evil

I mean, what the actual fuck ??
finish_money
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by finish_money »

I would highly recommend watching “13th” on YouTube. It does a good job explaining how American history led up to this moment.
"You can't teach the beast. It's either in you or it isn't. You can't just go to the store and buy a six-pack of beast. It don't work like that." — Kevin Garnett
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

finish_money wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:03 am I would highly recommend watching “13th” on YouTube. It does a good job explaining how American history led up to this moment.
Well this is going to help. Can see race wars coming up in western countries tbh if this keeps up.

I did note though that the narrator in the preview referred to the number of slaves in the 1850s. Slavery was already illegal by then pretty much everywhere.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic