Visa and closed schools

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Imnotasiain
Expatriate
Australia

Visa and closed schools

Post by Imnotasiain »

I'm about to have to get my visa renewed. Upon renewal they like to have a 'letter of proof of employment' from my place of employment. Due to the schools beingshut down, I have no way of obtaining that letter. Will I be able to receive a 6 month visa? What are my options?
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Visa and closed schools

Post by angkorjohn2 »

It depends on a couple of things sir, what visa are you currently on? if a previous 6 month one how many times have you renewed that one? if you had one with work and the work permit to go with it there should no issue in switching to the 6 month under the EG visa under the supposition that you are looking for work. if you have never worked and just been renewing 6 months every time then there may be an issue that would require you to leave the country

some more info here https://www.movetocambodia.com/planning ... nd%20%2450.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

WTF GMJS-CEO, do you have to delete soft sarcastic posts making a bit fun of you ?

I know your post to the OP was a joke, and seeing that the guy took litterally your answer is just hilarious. No harm done, except shorting 4 identic threads out of 6. Why 5 ? not enough space on the internet ?

Did your ego felt under attack or what ? You seem to have chuckled at it though

No, really...Disapointed.

Imnotasiain
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Imnotasiain »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:31 am WTF GMJS-CEO, do you have to delete soft sarcastic posts making a bit fun of you ?

I know your post to the OP was a joke, and seeing that the guy took litterally your answer is just hilarious. No harm done, except shorting 4 identic threads out of 6. Why 5 ? not enough space on the internet ?

What happened? I was asleep
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Imnotasiain wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:56 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:31 am WTF GMJS-CEO, do you have to delete soft sarcastic posts making a bit fun of you ?

What happened? I was asleep
No worries, you accidentally made 5 threads duplicating this one. I posted a joke about that, the mods or admins deleted my post.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Mmmmh....so it happened in that order ? Anyway....Sorry GMJS, i genuilely thought you deleted them.
I guess the mighty great eraser of modding thought better wipe it all than letting think the OP was such obsessed he had to post 6 times the same stuff.

Now he can delete those several posts again in order to keep the thread readable, as far as i'm concerned.

"Oh Mighty Grrreat Eraser, i summon your power to wash the overnumerrrous posts of electronic ink, in order to restablish the natural space for an appropriate answer to the OP, if you will.
I said "

*hit the grrround x3 times with a magic spell wooden stick*
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic