Why do Men Insist on Solving Imaginary Problems?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Why do Men Insist on Solving Imaginary Problems?

Post by rozzieoz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:34 am The Europeans have this habit of wanting to kiss people that they are not married to as a sign of respect. Generally, just after meeting them.

I feel uncomfortable kissing someone I am not married to, or a small adorable baby (family related, of course). Missus is uncomfortable too, and steps back and throws up a quick sampech to stop it from happening.

Maybe the hugging is a cultural misunderstanding?

Just trying to understand it from all points of view.
It was a western guy who is used to being a Sex God in girly bars and felt entitled to manhandle me as well.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:58 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:34 am The Europeans have this habit of wanting to kiss people that they are not married to as a sign of respect. Generally, just after meeting them.

I feel uncomfortable kissing someone I am not married to, or a small adorable baby (family related, of course). Missus is uncomfortable too, and steps back and throws up a quick sampech to stop it from happening.

It was a western guy who is used to being a Sex God in girly bars and felt entitled to manhandle me as well.
You talkin about me ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Duncan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:08 am

You talkin about me ?
You can hug me any time Duncan :)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

rozzieoz wrote:It was a western guy who is used to being a Sex God in girly bars and felt entitled to manhandle me as well.
Maybe he mistook you for a girly bar worker?

If you’re 150 cm or so, black hair, dark skin, name sounds similar to neang, or srey, higher chance of a mistake.

Also super beer googles can turn any foreigner lady into a Khmer KTV girl.

Just supposing, of course. I don’t hang out in girly bars, and I don’t drink beer, either.

Or maybe the western guy just wasn’t a gentleman.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:20 am
Duncan wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:08 am

You talkin about me ?
You can hug me any time Duncan :)
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:21 am
rozzieoz wrote:It was a western guy who is used to being a Sex God in girly bars and felt entitled to manhandle me as well.
Maybe he mistook you for a girly bar worker?

If you’re 150 cm or so, black hair, dark skin, name sounds similar to neang, or srey, higher chance of a mistake.

Also super beer googles can turn any foreigner lady into a Khmer KTV girl.

Just supposing, of course. I don’t hang out in girly bars, and I don’t drink beer, either.

Or maybe the western guy just wasn’t a gentleman.
It was at Oscar's, not your regular girly bar.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic