Cambodia's 'handsome hero' Premier HE lauded for virus fight in new book

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Cambodia's 'handsome hero' Premier HE lauded for virus fight in new book

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Mr HE drew headlines for travelling to Beijing in a show of solidarity as China struggled to contain the virus.PHOTO: AFP

PHNOM PENH (AFP) - Cambodia's strongman Premier HE will be glorified as a "handsome hero" in a soon-to-be-published book chronicling the decisions he made during the Covid-19 pandemic, the publisher said on Tuesday (May 26).

The book's translated English title is HE: The Handsome Hero Who Went Against the Current to Fight Covid-19, and will be available by late June or early July.

Penned by Mr HE's advisers and members of the Khmer Writers Association (KWA), the 270-page book will detail the bombastic leader's unconventional decisions, and will include his speeches.

"We want to show in history that Cambodia fought against the deadly disease and that it controlled the situation better than others," Mr Pov Sok, an adviser to the Premier and member of the KWA, told AFP.

"We compiled this book as a history for humanity."

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... n-new-book
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Cambodia's 'handsome hero' Premier HE lauded for virus fight in new book

Post by IraHayes »

I now have this image of King Louie (HE) singing to Mowgli (Kim JongUn) ....
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I am sure that the many tuk tuk drivers, garment factory workers, restaurant and bar staff, teachers and tourism workers will have a different take on the handsome hero's magnificent response here. Perhaps some form of social hand outs to the tune of $1,500 per person could be handed to these people to cover them and ease the pressures. I'm sure there is enough money sloshing around from China's purchase of Sihanoukville to cover this.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Can't find "Hagiography" on kheng.info
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I'm sure the new book will do well on the Cambodia best-seller list, but how many people actually read books in Cambodia ? :tumbleweed:

I think if I was PR for the top guy, I would have suggested a graphic novel or an animated series of heros and corona-dragons as a surer way to reach out to the general population.
:OD:
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Is this book about the handsome hero still available?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:15 pm Is this book about the handsome hero still available?
Its in reprint adding a few more chapters now.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic