Places in the world that ARE open.

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Re: Places in the world that ARE open.

Post by Foreigner »

Yerg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 am
Foreigner wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:09 am I HIGHLY recommend people coming to the Algarve.

Portugal is now officially open to tourists as I understand it. I've been here nearly 2 months and have been the only foreigner, but the last few days have started to hear English voices around. All the beaches are open again now.

Rented a moped for a few days and it was a brilliant decision.

Had a fucking fantastic day today, it's awesome down here.
May well be on my list for August. Especially as there are some great golf courses 😂
Would be damn hot for golf in August man. Unless they've got those buggies with the a.c. like in the Gulf (or they used to have at Saadiyat anyway).

The beaches are stunning though (and am sure the golf courses are if you can take the heat).
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Foreigner wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:44 am
Foreigner wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:09 am I HIGHLY recommend people coming to the Algarve.

Portugal is now officially open to tourists as I understand it. I've been here nearly 2 months and have been the only foreigner, but the last few days have started to hear English voices around. All the beaches are open again now.

May well be on my list for August. Especially as there are some great golf courses 😂
Would be damn hot for golf in August man. Unless they've got those buggies with the a.c. like in the Gulf (or they used to have at Saadiyat anyway).

The beaches are stunning though (and am sure the golf courses are if you can take the heat).
Dude, I played golf in the Middle East, Thailand and Cambodia amongst others. Middle of a Saudi Arabian summer with the mercury tipping late 50 degrees C. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry, I’ll wear my hat, sunscreen and of course, will consume copious amounts of fluids to ensure I’m safe :ROFL:
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Yerg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:57 am

Dude, I played golf in the Middle East, Thailand and Cambodia amongst others. Middle of a Saudi Arabian summer with the mercury tipping late 50 degrees C. I’ll be okay. Don’t worry, I’ll wear my hat, sunscreen and of course, will consume copious amounts of fluids to ensure I’m safe :ROFL:
No idea how you did that. I played a few times in Abu Dhabi in the summer when it was pushing 40, and even with a.c. buggies and water on every tee I was drained at the end of the round (and was strong and a relatively fit then).

Yeah, sounds like you should be fine in Portugal tbh lol. !

Honestly well worth considering.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Foreigner wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:41 am
Yerg wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:57 am

No idea how you did that. I played a few times in Abu Dhabi in the summer and even with a.c. buggies and water on every tee I was drained at the end of the round (and was strong and a relatively fit then).

Yeah, sounds like you should be fine in Portugal tbh lol. !

Honestly well worth considering.
If it’s open when I come to look at a holiday, then in August, I’ll happily take a trip. I’m not going to allow any hopes to climb just yet. I’ll assess it closer to the time. 🙏🏻
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

Antarctica
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Ricky Shaw wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:23 am Antarctica
Cool man, where's their Embassy.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Bernie Bro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Bernie Bro »

Good news concerning travel to Greece. This is from a 2 hour old news story I found from ABC news. I also found it on another smaller site which indicated it came from AP.

------

ATHENS — Greek officials said Saturday said that the country will not limit incoming tourists to those from a list of 29 nations, but travelers from countries not on the list will be subject to mandatory testing on arrival and a period of quarantine depending on test results.

The policy will only be applied during the final two weeks of June, although Greek authorities left open the prospect of additional restrictions after that date.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic