One country, one system? Hong Kong

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Andrew Nasia
Tourist

Re: One country, one system? Hong Kong

Post by Andrew Nasia »

fazur wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:38 am debating with someone who states the earth is flat or the holocaust never happened?
I thought That Genius Vladimir had been perma-banned.

Mods!!!! Get this waste of space out of here! :please:
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Andrew Nasia wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 am
fazur wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:38 am debating with someone who states the earth is flat or the holocaust never happened?

fazur wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:38 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:57 pm
fazur wrote:i see.

denial.

bye.
For someone who preaches about having an open mind and being so enlightened, that’s about a closed, narrow minded view as it gets.
nkotb, you're entitled to your opinion

but would you continue debating with someone who states the earth is flat or the holocaust never happened?

as soon as people deny established facts, rules of debate are broken, its over, no point

And what is wrong with this post that causes you such apoplexy ...pray tell!
Andrew Nasia
Tourist

Post by Andrew Nasia »

^^^
Elementary my dear doctor.

Our good friend Cam Nivag was perma-banned, and then, every time he rose from the ashes in a new form he was chopped down like a tall poppy. Banished, repeatedly.

So, tell me good doctor, why are we expected to tolerate this genius clown after he himself has been perma-banned?

Personally, I have no interest in debating his usual straw men arguments. It gets boring after awhile.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Andrew Nasia wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:19 pm ^^^
Elementary my dear doctor.

Our good friend Cam Nivag was perma-banned, and then, every time he rose from the ashes in a new form he was chopped down like a tall poppy. Banished, repeatedly.

So, tell me good doctor, why are we expected to tolerate this genius clown after he himself has been perma-banned?

Personally, I have no interest in debating his usual straw men arguments. It gets boring after awhile.
But you haven't mentioned what you find wrong with the post in question. It seems you have problem with the poster not his question.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Andrew Nasia wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 am

Still selling "found" phones A'asia? - Galaxy S6 Edge Plus - for sale
general-chatter/galaxy-edge-plus-for-sa ... ml#p121071
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:11 am there was never really any question it would pass;
China’s parliament yesterday (May 28) approved plans to impose a security law on Hong Kong that has ratcheted up tensions with the US and sparked new protests over fears the city is losing its special freedoms.
The vote by the rubber-stamp National People’s Congress (NPC) spurred the US and Britain to call for the United Nations Security Council to meet informally today to discuss the issue.

And it came hours after Washington revoked the special status conferred on Hong Kong, paving the way for the territory to be stripped of trading and economic privileges.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/china-app ... OJrkmGtwzs
The proposal passed by a vote of 2,878 to 1, and six others abstained.

I wonder how that 1 dissenter vote is sleeping tonight... https://www.businessinsider.com.au/chin ... tos-2020-5

In other related news,

'Mr. President, please help us': Hong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai says only Trump can save Hong Kong from China

Lai told Bloomberg News this week he thinks Trump should begin with sanctions against Chinese officials.

“The most effective sanction … is to freeze the bank account of the Chinese top officials’ corrupt money in the US and in the free world. I think this will scare a lot of them off,” he said.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/jimm ... ina-2020-5
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Kuroneko wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:51 amAnd what is wrong with this post that causes you such apoplexy ...pray tell!
had to look it up

apoplexy
/ˈapəplɛksi/
Learn to pronounce
noun
DATED
unconsciousness or incapacity resulting from a cerebral haemorrhage or stroke.
"Browne died of apoplexy"
INFORMAL
extreme anger.
"the decision has aroused apoplexy among environmentalists"

ceasing to debate with someone who refuses to acknowledge fact cases apoplexy?

this is what it causes

boredom
/ˈbɔːdəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the state of feeling bored.
"I'll die of boredom if I live that long"

are these guys who whitewash history and claim colonizers were angels your buddies, lol?
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

fazur wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:05 am
Kuroneko wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:51 amAnd what is wrong with this post that causes you such apoplexy ...pray tell!
had to look it up

apoplexy
/ˈapəplɛksi/
Learn to pronounce
noun
DATED
unconsciousness or incapacity resulting from a cerebral haemorrhage or stroke.
"Browne died of apoplexy"
INFORMAL
extreme anger.
"the decision has aroused apoplexy among environmentalists"

ceasing to debate with someone who refuses to acknowledge fact cases apoplexy?

this is what it causes

boredom
/ˈbɔːdəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the state of feeling bored.
"I'll die of boredom if I live that long"

are these guys who whitewash history and claim colonizers were angels your buddies, lol?
Im sorry but that last statement makes no sense, why would the "guys who whitewash history" and deny established facts be my buddies?
You stated:
"but would you continue debating with someone who states the earth is flat or the holocaust never happened?

as soon as people deny established facts, rules of debate are broken, its over, no point"

Which I defended as correct and asked why Andrew Nasia had paroxysms over the statement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic