Best place to go swimming around Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SEAdude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Best place to go swimming around Phnom Penh

Post by SEAdude »

I used to use the Olympic Stadium swimming pool but that closed almost 1.5 years ago. Does anyone know of cheap places to take a dip in a pool to survive the heat?!

Thanks in advance.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best place to go swimming around Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

Pools are closed at the moment because of covd 19
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Kuroneko wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm Pools are closed at the moment because of covd 19
Perhaps SEAdude could rent a pool for himself like this British expat just did in Singapore - just a lazy $10 000 a month for his private comfort and exercise. He could have also rented the condo it was attached to for $30 000 p/mth, but felt that was perhaps a little too costly.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... s-lockdown
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Kuroneko wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm Pools are closed at the moment because of covd 19
That's tough. Pools are open everywhere else AFAIK (ie. Siem Reap, Kampot, SHV ). Are the PP pools also closed to hotel residents or just outsiders ?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:59 pm
That's tough. Pools are open everywhere else AFAIK (ie. Siem Reap, Kampot, SHV ). Are the PP pools also closed to hotel residents or just outsiders ?
ive seen some of my facebook friends having a dip in some pools in PP
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

SEAdude wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:43 pm I used to use the Olympic Stadium swimming pool but that closed almost 1.5 years ago. Does anyone know of cheap places to take a dip in a pool to survive the heat?!

Thanks in advance.
i like going to DIB Club on Koh Pich for an afternoon dip, nice place, i have uploaded some pics on here before somewhere
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

SEAdude wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:43 pm I used to use the Olympic Stadium swimming pool but that closed almost 1.5 years ago. Does anyone know of cheap places to take a dip in a pool to survive the heat?!

Thanks in advance.
Olympic Stadium pool renovation was completed in April, so it might be worth of going to check it out if it is open again (or after the covid will be)?
Bibi
Expatriate
Greece

Post by Bibi »

Villa Langka and Himmawari have nice pools open to outsiders. Both have reopen. DIB is closed.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks in advance.
i like going to DIB Club on Koh Pich for an afternoon dip, nice place, i have uploaded some pics on here before somewhere
DIB club closed about 2 months ago due to Coronavirus.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic