This little land of Mines

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

This little land of Mines

Post by phuketrichard »

in one 3 day period the US dropped over $110 million of bombs on laos,
During Obama's presidency, (the 1st US siting president to visit laos) pledged $90,000,000 over 3 years to help clean them.

As an american I am embarrassed at this...to little to late

https://www.thislittlelandofmines.com/watch

I saw the full doc on RT News this morning. https://www.rt.com/shows/documentary/48 ... ed-fields/
This Little Land of Mines is an independent feature documentary about the resilience of the Lao people as they live among and work to clear 80 million unexploded bombs from when the United States secretly bombed Laos more heavily than any country on earth.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: This little land of Mines

Post by newkidontheblock »

RT News? Russians don’t plant mines?

The Russians have a new mine called The Hunt.’ Smart mine with a computerized motion sensor that also controls clusters of mines as well. Can determine target distance, range, speed, and if it’s an animal, human, vehicle. Denotes one cluster mine for the appropriate target then waits for rescuers to come before detonating another, and then another. Any attempt to disarm and they all go off.

According to the manual - there is no disarm, no de mine. Only defense is stay away. Any victims are dead. Any rescuers will die.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: This little land of Mines

Post by AndyKK »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 9:52 am RT News? Russians don’t plant mines?

The Russians have a new mine called The Hunt.’ Smart mine with a computerized motion sensor that also controls clusters of mines as well. Can determine target distance, range, speed, and if it’s an animal, human, vehicle. Denotes one cluster mine for the appropriate target then waits for rescuers to come before detonating another, and then another. Any attempt to disarm and they all go off.

According to the manual - there is no disarm, no de mine. Only defense is stay away. Any victims are dead. Any rescuers will die.
newkid can you put up your source because I would like to read more about this, thanks.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic