Beautiful Woman in an MG Tries to Escape Police

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Beautiful Woman in an MG Tries to Escape Police

Post by Shazza »

You guys might be sexist old farts, and complaining old farts but you all are funny as f**k,keep up the good work. Cheers 👍😎
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Perhaps, judging by past journalistic standards, the shots of beautiful ladies have just been lazily grabbed from the online shop and are not the accused at all but some random model or even shots that the accused stole from elsewhere to promote and peddle her wares?
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Marty wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:53 am
John Bingham wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:04 am
Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:48 am
They still make MG's?
They make cars in China that have MG badges, they bear little resemblance to the classic British motors.
And good thing too. The classic British motors have a well deserved reputation for being unreliable junk.
Perhaps but junk with class.
Boredom is like a shroud
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 12:48 am I think you are all being distracted here! I think the real story is ..... They still make MG's?
I know this OP is 3 years old but

The new MG electric is very popular here in Phuket as the price is less than a comparable honda or toyota.
start at 869,000 baht ( apx $25,500)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Oooh, Chinese batteries? They’re good for global warming.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

my MGB GT in Cambodia in the early 70's double overriders and US style side repeater indicators ...and 15 inch wheels !!

not really it was made from one of those ai web sites...I wrote 70's more because of the colour rather than anything else

my actual first rather worn 110k miler
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Freightdog wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:32 am Oooh, Chinese batteries? They’re good for global warming.
30 April 2023 – SAIC Motor-CP and MG Sales (Thailand), manufacturer and distributor of MG cars in Thailand, organize a foundation stone laying ceremony for the NEW ENERGY INDUSTRIAL with a roadmap to transform the 75-rai factory space into partnership development areas for car parts and a battery manufacturing plant in response to the electric vehicle trend. With the investment budget of 500 million baht, the plan reaffirms the company’s vision as the pioneer and the leader in electric vehicles in Thailand.
With great support from stakeholders, MG has become one of the favorite choices among Thai customers with over 180,000 MG cars currently on Thai roads. In the past few years, MG — as Thailand's pioneer and leader in electric vehicles — has followed the country’s economic development roadmap under the Bio-Circular-Green (BCG) Model. A national framework over the period of 2021 to 2026 as stipulated by the Thai government, the BCG economic model for sustainable development is the new economic theory that integrates the development of 3 core pillars: Bio economy, Circular Economy, and Green Economy.
Chinese owned , but made in Thailand
https://www.mgcars.com/en/NewsActivitie ... trial-Park
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

one_dolla wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:29 am my MGB GT in Cambodia in the early 70's double overriders and US style side repeater indicators ...and 15 inch wheels !!

not really it was made from one of those ai web sites...I wrote 70's more because of the colour rather than anything else

my actual first rather worn 110k miler
110K miles is not too much to worry about these days. But from a 1972 vintage BL car, that's going to have its best years behind it. At least they were easy to work on.

Was is the V8 version?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:51 am
Freightdog wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:32 am Oooh, Chinese batteries? They’re good for global warming.
30 April 2023 – SAIC Motor-CP and MG Sales (Thailand), manufacturer and distributor of MG cars in Thailand, organize a foundation stone laying ceremony for the NEW ENERGY INDUSTRIAL with a roadmap to transform the 75-rai factory space into partnership development areas for car parts and a battery manufacturing plant in response to the electric vehicle trend. With the investment budget of 500 million baht, the plan reaffirms the company’s vision as the pioneer and the leader in electric vehicles in Thailand.
With great support from stakeholders, MG has become one of the favorite choices among Thai customers with over 180,000 MG cars currently on Thai roads. In the past few years, MG — as Thailand's pioneer and leader in electric vehicles — has followed the country’s economic development roadmap under the Bio-Circular-Green (BCG) Model. A national framework over the period of 2021 to 2026 as stipulated by the Thai government, the BCG economic model for sustainable development is the new economic theory that integrates the development of 3 core pillars: Bio economy, Circular Economy, and Green Economy.
Chinese owned , but made in Thailand
https://www.mgcars.com/en/NewsActivitie ... trial-Park
The chinese are attempting to copy the rather successful Japanese model of manufacturing their products in the country they are to be sold in. This is due to a shrinking working class because of increased participation in higher education coupled with a demographic shift of reduced births and an aging population.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

If i have to run from police and can choose between an MG and a Honda Click, i wont take the MG, it will brake down before i get sobered up, the Honda wouldnt be !!
In India you see a lot of ex-english brands, they still make new Leyland-trucks overthere also, under the name Ashkok-Leyland, delivered new without cab, funny to see new trucks been driven by guy with a moto-helmet, hahaha. No idea that the quality from the Indian produced are better thenthe english-ones. In the 70-s some english some english hauliers drove them even to iran, you have really balls if you arrived in Teheran woth a Leyland !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic