Drug Dealers arrested with Wads of 100,000 Riel Notes

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Drug Dealers arrested with Wads of 100,000 Riel Notes

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Battambang: At 11:30am on May 22, 2020 at Oda village point, Battambang province, the Phnom Proek district police , led by Lieutenant Colonel Sareth Vivit, district police chief, arrested two suspects in a drug raid.
The two suspects are:
1/Mr. Heng Sokkea, male, 38, from Oda Village, Bour Commune, Phnom Proek District, Battambang Province.
2/Thim Chanthy, male, 36 years old, is living in a rented house in Khum Bo Village, Boor Commune, Phnom Proek District, Battambang Province.
Police also seized packets suspected of containing crystal methamphetamine, also called Ice, scales, drug equipment, and KHR 3,500,000 (Three Million Five hundred Thousand Riels) in wads of 100,000 riel notes .
Notes of 100,000 riel are uncommon and many people have never seen one. This sounds like a lot of money, but 100,00 riel is US$25, so KHR 3,500,000 is equivalent to around US$850.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Drug Dealers arrested with Wads of 100,000 Riel Notes

Post by fsdfdsdf »

because Ive had several gfs that were addicts Ive studied this subject quite a lot and most of what I see here is not methamphetamine. its some kind of bath salt, or maybe even sugar, who knows. possibly more harmful then meths but its misleading and doesnt help addicts to not test these drugs and find out what they really are
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You have posted about "meths" numerous times. Don't you realize that the police have testing kits for methamphetamines? How many times have you seen a report of someone being prosecuted for sugar? :roll:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I would never sell those narcotics. But if I did sell those narcotics every customer would get a chemical assay tested with GC/MS and dosage and administration information. Dead customers are not repeat customers.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:08 pm because Ive had several gfs that were addicts Ive studied this subject quite a lot and most of what I see here is not methamphetamine. its some kind of bath salt, or maybe even sugar, who knows. possibly more harmful then meths but its misleading and doesnt help addicts to not test these drugs and find out what they really are
you've done some poor research I'm afraid. Those pictures are of most definitely of big chunks of meth that have not been crushed up into smaller crystals.
Still here, in country...
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Ravensnest wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:38 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:08 pm because Ive had several gfs that were addicts Ive studied this subject quite a lot and most of what I see here is not methamphetamine. its some kind of bath salt, or maybe even sugar, who knows. possibly more harmful then meths but its misleading and doesnt help addicts to not test these drugs and find out what they really are
you've done some poor research I'm afraid. Those pictures are of most definitely of big chunks of meth that have not been crushed up into smaller crystals.
very difficult to make meths in big crystals, its usually a give away that its fake, but you could be right
Last edited by fsdfdsdf on Sat May 23, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

John Bingham wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:23 pm You have posted about "meths" numerous times. Don't you realize that the police have testing kits for methamphetamines? How many times have you seen a report of someone being prosecuted for sugar? :roll:
didnt realize, never heard of them testing in cambodia. but the kits only tell you if there is methamphetamine present, 1% would be enough, they dont tell you what the cut is, and also some of the fake stuff tests positive as its chemically very similar. theres many ways to test. all I know is that the stuff my gfs were smoking was mostly fake. you dont fall asleep or want to eat if it real. selling MSM as ice is much more profitable then selling real stuff.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Nice idea in theory, but where would the buyers test their drugs ? At the local police station ? And then what, make a complaint against your dealer for selling bath salts instead of meth, or heroin instead of coke ?
I don't think that Cambodia is quite there yet. :?

More to the point, it has been documented that at the present time meth is flooding SEA and that the prices are getting lower and lower, so replacing meth with something else doesn't really make sense.

And btw, has anyone seen a 100,000 riel note ? I haven't. :(
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Nice idea in theory, but where would the buyers test their drugs ? At the local police station ? And then what, make a complaint against your dealer for selling bath salts instead of meth, or heroin instead of coke ?
I don't think that Cambodia is quite there yet. :?

More to the point, it has been documented that at the present time meth is flooding SEA and that the prices are getting lower and lower, so replacing meth with something else doesn't really make sense.

fake meths is a worldwide thing. maybe theres a small amount of real ice added to keep buyers coming back but theres all sorts of subsistences and cuts out there now that resemble ice but arent
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:57 pm

I agree, we are close to the source and this fake "meths" thing is just fantasy. Drug dealers rely on repeat buyers and there won't be many of them if the product isn't up to par.

Maybe he means this?

I got one once, and only had it for about an hour as I needed change. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic