Where you been ?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Where you been ?

Post by Foreigner »

Best countries to travel in in CAPS.

Botswana, Egypt (2), Morocco (2), South Africa, Tanzanier, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia (6), GEORGIA, Hong Kong/China (4, lived for 2 months), India, INDONESIA (4), Is, JAPAN, Jordan, Laos, LEBANON, Malaysia (6?), Nepal, Oman (lived for 4 months), Palestine, PHILIPPINES (5), Qatar (worked for 2 months), Singapore (10?), Sri Lanka (5), THAILAND (8), Turkey (5), Taiwan, nited Arab Emirates (lived for 27 months), Vietnam (2)

ALBANIA (3), Austria, Belgium, Bosnia Hertzegovina (2), Bulgaria, Croatia (4), Cyprus (3), Czechia, France (10?), Germany, GREECE (10?), Hungary, Ireland (4), ITALY (2), Kosovo, North Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro (2), Netherlands (4), Poland (3), Portugal (3), Romania (3), Serbia, Slovenia, Spain (8?), Switzerland (5), Ukraine (5), United Kingdom (most of my life), Vatican City

Bahamas, Belize, Canada (2), Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, USA

Argentina, BRAZIL (2)

Australia
Last edited by Foreigner on Fri May 22, 2020 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: Where you been ?

Post by fazur »

Russia, Mauritius, Reunion, Madagascar, Seychelles, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Afghanistan, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Syria, Oman, Lebanon, Qatar, Dubai, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, India,Tahiti

hope to see N. Korea soon
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

fazur wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:56 am Russia, Mauritius, Reunion, Madagascar, Seychelles, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Afghanistan, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Syria, Oman, Lebanon, Qatar, Dubai, Vietnam, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, India,Tahiti

hope to see N. Korea soon
When did you go to Syria ? It was next on my list in 2011. I was in Jordan in October 2011 and you could still do short trips to Damascus but I didn't go.

How were Madagascar and Iceland ? (both been in my list but never made it)

Did you enjoy Lebanon ? I thought Beirut was an awesome city. Went for the weekend and stayed a month.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Syria just before they started trying to get rid of the boss man and refused russian peace plan for assad to step aside

incredible country amazing people, the food!

Lebanon not so much, very tense when i was there

madagascar only 4 days, the capital and some beaches will take at least a month to see it next time
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

fazur wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 5:10 am Syria just before they started trying to get rid of the boss man and refused russian peace plan for assad to step aside

incredible country amazing people, the food!

Lebanon not so much, very tense when i was there

madagascar only 4 days, the capital and some beaches will take at least a month to see it next time
Yeah I think that's what put me off Madagascar. There seemed to be a huge amount of travelling involved to get to what looked like the 'decent' places.

Shame about Lebanon. I was there in around 2015 and it was great. I guess that's travelling though.

I went very close to the Syria border in Lebanon in 2015 and Turkey in 2017. Spent 2 weeks going from Antakya to Mardin in SE Turkey. I hate what the Turks do in Syria, but that was an awesome trip (mind you most of the people round there can't stand them either ;) ). Saw 1 other backpacker in 2 weeks.

The Russian peace plan was about 2013 wasn't it ?? Glad they've got things largely back under control. One of the best things I've ever read on the news when they lifted the siege of Dier Ez Zour. Going to be tough for that country to get back on its feet though.
Last edited by Foreigner on Fri May 22, 2020 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

95 countries and doubt the list will get higher as now just going to ones i enjoy

States, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos & Burma
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 am 95 countries and doubt the list will get higher as now just going to ones i enjoy

I never heard of anyone stopping in the 90s before.

I'm sceptical, if you don't mind me saying.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Foreigner wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:51 am 95 countries and doubt the list will get higher as now just going to ones i enjoy

why?
I did the majority of my traveling in the 70-90's
Been from Canada south to Panama, 5-6 countries in the Caribbean, all over Europe, the middle east, north Africa, east Africa as far south as Tanzania, overland between turkey and Calcutta, China, Tibet, Nepal
from Thailand to Australia and a few south pacific islands

Just not as adventurous as I once was :beer3:

Your choice to believe me or not...
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:32 pm
Foreigner wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:21 pm

why?
I did the majority of my traveling in the 70-90's
Been from Canada south to Panama, 5-6 countries in the Caribbean, all over Europe, the middle east, north Africa, east Africa as far south as Tanzania, overland between turkey and Calcutta, China, Tibet, Nepal
from Thailand to Australia and a few south pacific islands

Just not as adventurous as I once was :beer3:

Your choice to believe me or not...
OK, I believe :)

That's very cool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic