Modern Wars

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Modern Wars

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I thought this deserved to be extracted from Asian Short Docs and shown on its own.

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Modern Wars

Post by Ghostwriter »

Ooops double post
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Thu May 21, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

3 hopeful women, best of luck to them.

Fuck me, 1 meter ground foundations for 6 floors building ? Seems risky....
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:02 pm I thought this deserved to be extracted from Asian Short Docs and shown on its own.

Interesting watch.

My questions/observations.

1. Why does Cambodia government not make Chinese business give money to Cambodia people ? Especially when they take Cambodia people land ?
2. That blonde Chinese bird was pretty cool. Sure she will be very successful in life.
3. I didn't understand how the woman at the start who said she cleans all day for $40 a month, then later revealed that she owns a busy hostel and bar and gives women $250 a month.
4. The woman selling the octopus, really needs to put some more fuel on her little fire as the octopus have not cooked at all the whole time they are filming.
5. I liked the phrase, "the Chinese, they do not like the tree". haha.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

They rent or buy (how?) cambodian land so they're giving money to cambodia people in a way
Don't forget the water buffalo
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Good documentary. Moms kitchen in the village is in Otres. It's worse than I had thought out there. I told the ex and daughter I was thinking of going down to Otres for a break. Maybe we'll hit Kep instead.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic