Do Women Leaders Step Up Better Than Men in Times of Crisis ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Do Women Leaders Step Up Better Than Men in Times of Crisis ?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 pm Finnish Prime Minister v British Prime Minister. You be the judge...

or

Boris wins by a mile. Headgear check. Flags check. Stupid look check. ;-)
Finnish PM - normal looking person.
Whatever. The British people voted for that and the Finns voted for this. Each to their own.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Foreigner wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 pm Yes Germany seems to have done well, but I don't see Merkel as being particularly womanly in nature.
I cannot vote in Germany but if could, I’d vote for her in a heartbeat. In her 15 years of tenure, she has shown again and again that testosterone-driven politicians do not always make the best choices. She has ruled Germany with a steady hand and has consistently outsmarted the “my dick is bigger than yours” brigade.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

hanno wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:30 pm
Foreigner wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:31 pm Yes Germany seems to have done well, but I don't see Merkel as being particularly womanly in nature.
I cannot vote in Germany but if could, I’d vote for her in a heartbeat. In her 15 years of tenure, she has shown again and again that testosterone-driven politicians do not always make the best choices. She has ruled Germany with a steady hand and has consistently outsmarted the “my dick is bigger than yours” brigade.
A highly impressive politician and world leader I agree. I wasn't criticising her at all.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Foreigner wrote:....Taiwan's success doesn't seem to be based on government policy as they never introduced any kind of lockdown whatsoever.
Taiwan’s success was to not trust the words coming out of the CCP and WHO’s mouth. Health officials noticed it at the end of December, and started blocking flights in early January. The few that slipped in were quickly found and contact traced, and isolated. Since the virus never entered the general population, no need for lockdown.

Now they have shot at sitting at the WHA - governing body of the WHO, despite mainland China’s threats to punish any country (like Australia) who would dare to support such a measure.
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 am
Foreigner wrote:....Taiwan's success doesn't seem to be based on government policy as they never introduced any kind of lockdown whatsoever.

Now they have shot at sitting at the WHA - governing body of the WHO, despite mainland China’s threats to punish any country (like Australia) who would dare to support such a measure.
The draft motion – now supported by 122 countries, including the members of the European Union and the African Group, the UK, Russia, Canada, Australia and New Zealand – calls for a systemic review of the world’s response to Covid-19. That's a lot of countries to punish!
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Yobbo wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:40 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:38 pm What is a traditional western woman?
One that ends up with the house!
and ur testicles, the kids and credit cards :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic