Covid-19 VACCINE News

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by Arget »

I have a barang friend in the Stung Meanchy red zone and he has pushed for the locals in his street to contact the sangkat , village and commune bosses to get some information on the vaccinations process. After all details provided last week he is told today that he cannot have it as is only for people under 50 years of age and they have no other vaccine for the over 50 year olds.

I did ask him he was surprised and sadly he is not. Just another clusterfuck
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Nicolas wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 am Thanks for the tip, if I remember well, you need 0.2mg per Kg body weight, two times, 3 days apart and this every month.
That’s the prevention dosage.
Here are the full protocols from FLCCC.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... NGLISH.pdf
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Arget wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:16 pm I have a barang friend in the Stung Meanchy red zone and he has pushed for the locals in his street to contact the sangkat , village and commune bosses to get some information on the vaccinations process. After all details provided last week he is told today that he cannot have it as is only for people under 50 years of age and they have no other vaccine for the over 50 year olds.

I did ask him he was surprised and sadly he is not. Just another clusterfuck
I would not expect your friend to be the only over 50 year old in the area. I thought the whole idea was to vaccinate all residents in those areas, and was it not also to be the whole of Phnom Penh in general too be vaccinated.
But regards too your friend it seems like he is confined to an area that is considered high risk, and he, with many other people have no hope of first line protection, only that of the guidelines for own protection and wellbeing.
I suppose that too it would show also what is the preparation for inoculation of people to achieve an overall of heard immunity for the country.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Maybe because the Chinese vaccine is only for under 60 and that's the only vaccine they have without spending some of the donation money
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

armchairlawyer wrote:I know someone who bought it yesterday. If you ask at several pharmacies you will get it eventually. Many places sell it mixed with another drug as can be used for anti-parasitic purposes, that is best avoided if you want it for Covid treatment or prevention. Ivermectin is a lot more expensive than it ought to be. $7+ for 3 x 4mg pills. That allows for a fair bit of profit along the line when it costs $30 per kilogram in bulk.
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:46 pm
Nicolas wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:14 am Thanks for the tip, if I remember well, you need 0.2mg per Kg body weight, two times, 3 days apart and this every month.
That’s the prevention dosage.
Here are the full protocols from FLCCC.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... NGLISH.pdf
Many thanks for sharing this.

I think the pure Ivermectin sold here is likely priced as a scabies treatment (single dose).
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7776990/

According to the FLCCC prevention protocol in the linked PDF and using the reported price of $7 for 12 mg, for a 60 kg person, this would amount to $14 for the first week and $7 per week thereafter. So about $30 per 60kg person and month.

Unfortunately, that is way beyond the average family here.

Pricing closer to cost and availability like in some states in India would be necessary to make it viable for Cambodians.

I wish someone with a lot of cash came along and would support a perfectly designed large-scale RCT (using it as prevention), so that developing countries can get confidence to go all in (or it gets refuted).
Or India would need to see a huge success.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

yongchi wrote: I wish someone with a lot of cash came along and would support a perfectly designed large-scale RCT (using it as prevention), so that developing countries can get confidence to go all in (or it gets refuted).
There’s a surprising number of trials.

[URL] https://www.google.com/amp/s/ichgcp.net ... mbodia[URL]

Especially since I never see anything in the news about them.
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:21 pm
yongchi wrote: I wish someone with a lot of cash came along and would support a perfectly designed large-scale RCT (using it as prevention), so that developing countries can get confidence to go all in (or it gets refuted).
There’s a surprising number of trials.

[URL] https://www.google.com/amp/s/ichgcp.net ... mbodia[URL]

Especially since I never see anything in the news about them.
Something must have gone wrong. The link leads to an empty list for me. When I paste it directly I get a huge number of trials about lots of things.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Key EU countries rebuff Biden on sharing COVID vaccine patents
John Chalmers Jan Strupczewski
4 minute read
European countries distanced themselves on Friday from a proposal backed by U.S. President Joe Biden to waive patent rights on coronavirus vaccines, arguing that key to ending the COVID-19 pandemic was making and sharing vaccines more quickly.

French President Emmanuel Macron said the question of sharing patents was not the issue of the day, and called out Britain and the United States for blocking the export of vaccines and their ingredients to the wider world.

Leaders of the 27-nation bloc were due to discuss the suggestion to share vaccine intellectual property at a two-day summit that opened in the Portuguese city of Porto on Friday, but they were divided on its usefulness.

Experts say waivers could take years to negotiate, and would not address the immediate need to manufacture more doses fast.

"What is the current issue? It is not really about intellectual property. Can you give intellectual property to laboratories that do not know how to produce and will not produce tomorrow?" Macron said as he went into the summit.

“The main issue for solidarity is the distribution of doses,” he said, adding that France was working hand in hand with Germany on the issue. Berlin expressed its opposition to the idea on Thursday.

The EU, which is among the biggest producers of vaccines in the world, is also the main exporter, with 200 million doses already shipped outside the bloc. The United States and Britain have not exported any of the vaccines they have made.

Macron lashed out at both.

"In order for the vaccine to circulate, the ingredients and the vaccines themselves cannot be blocked. Today the Anglo- Saxons block many of these ingredients and vaccines," he said.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen echoed that, telling a news conference after the first day of the Porto summit that the EU should be open to a discussion on the patents but sharing the technology was no quick remedy for the pandemic.

"In the short and medium term, the IP waiver will not solve the problems, it will not bring a single dose of vaccine in the short and medium term," she told a news conference.

Biden on Wednesday backed a call from India and South Africa to waive patent protection for COVID-19 vaccines, responding to pressure from Democratic lawmakers and more than 100 other countries, but angering pharmaceutical companies.

Some EU officials argue that it could take two years to agree on the waivers in the World Trade Organization (WTO), most likely making it irrelevant to the current pandemic.

DIFFICULT PROCESS

EU leaders are likely to hear advice from the bloc's executive, the European Commission, that a waiver would not help boost production, especially in poorer countries, as the manufacturing process requires advanced technologies and facilities, officials said.

The U.S. firm Moderna waived patent rights in October on its vaccine, which uses using the latest mRNA technology, but no other firm has yet announced that it will try to copy the shot.

Germany, home to BioNTech (22UAy.DE), which owns a patent on another mRNA vaccine developed jointly with Pfizer of the United States (PFE.N), opposes waivers, while Italy supports them, EU officials said.

While the pandemic rages, the chances are high that even more dangerous new variants of the coronavirus will emerge.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/eu ... 021-05-07/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

atst wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:31 pm Maybe because the Chinese vaccine is only for under 60 and that's the only vaccine they have without spending some of the donation money
Yeah, apparently the Sinopharm vaccine that WHO just approved was NOT tested on over 60s.

The Astrazeneca one was previously reserved I think for that here but they ran out and India are flat out producing it for their own people.

I also think there may be a different strategy here compared to other countries. In that over 60s elsewhere are considered high risk category, whereas here, workers are considered higher priority given they are usually the providers for the immediate family. The thinking being that the sooner they can go back to work, the sooner they earn and sustain the family.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Thank you [mention]armchairlawyer [/mention]for the link

Regarding sinovac age limits, it’s safe from 3 years old, and there has been two tests in China and Brazil for the 60 to 70 years old range. All good, some countries are already vaccinating the elders with Sinovac, so I presume Sinopharm as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic