Covid-19 VACCINE News

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by jah steu »

Has anyone received a vaccination yet under the Category B procedure listed in the sub decree recently? Registration with songkat or Kahn and then vaccination? Just curious. It seems the Category A registration and vaccination process is now working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:19 am
AndyKK wrote:
Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:41 pm Didn’t they have to buy these from China?
Camboda was given a free batch firstly. Now they have purchased more of the same vaccines to a tune of $1.5 million.
All, that said, from the outset the vaccine is not approved by the WHO.
I read somewhere that China can't test the vaccine at home because there is little sign, or too few people with the Covid19 virus.
The vaccine was given the status of emergency use by Cambodia's authorities. Now with the rise of infection in Cambodia's the status is now of vacation being mandatory.
China have once again shown they don't have to follow any guidance of combined world authorities, they have a country or more testing their product, possibly overriding any legal formalities, and for one poor nation, being a developing country, Camboda are paying for the none approved vaccines with hope that it will give an overall prevention for it's people.
No. They were given 700 000 or so Sinopharm vaccines as a donation (I think the total will be 1M). They also got 300 000 AZ from Covax. They've now PURCHASED Sinovac. Not the same. More purchases of Sinovac down the road, and more donations from big brother, but Sinopharm and Sinovac are two different vaccines.
Yes, l am aware about they are two different vaccines, my point at this moment is both vaccines are still in there trial period (well one is for sure). So both are not verified by the World Health Organisation, so are only used on a voluntary basis has emergency use. Your point was?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

The mRNA vaccines keep chugging along from success to success. Moderna says its COVID19 vaccine is as strong after 6 months of second-dose treatment as from the late stage trials.

Headline: Moderna says protection from its COVID-19 vaccine still strong six months on
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Moderna Inc said on Tuesday that its COVID-19 vaccine still showed strong protection against the illness six months after people received their second shot, with efficacy of more than 90 percent against all cases of COVID-19 and more than 95 percent against severe COVID-19.
Interestingly, it released its pricing after leaving the factory door and in the hands of hospitals:
The company said its average U.S. selling price in the first quarter was around $15.40 per dose excluding a roughly $1 billion payment from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

Outside the United States, prices ranged from $22 to $37 per dose, it said.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2C02TL
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am The mRNA vaccines keep chugging along from success to success. Moderna says its COVID19 vaccine is as strong after 6 months of second-dose treatment as from the late stage trials.

Headline: Moderna says protection from its COVID-19 vaccine still strong six months on
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Moderna Inc said on Tuesday that its COVID-19 vaccine still showed strong protection against the illness six months after people received their second shot, with efficacy of more than 90 percent against all cases of COVID-19 and more than 95 percent against severe COVID-19.
Interestingly, it released its pricing after leaving the factory door and in the hands of hospitals:
The company said its average U.S. selling price in the first quarter was around $15.40 per dose excluding a roughly $1 billion payment from the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, which is part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

They could stick a nought on that price and there would still be a queue a mile long in Phnom Penh.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:45 am
ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:33 am The mRNA vaccines keep chugging along from success to success. Moderna says its COVID19 vaccine is as strong after 6 months of second-dose treatment as from the late stage trials.

They could stick a nought on that price and there would still be a queue a mile long in Phnom Penh.
Chinese drug maker Sinopharm sent a initial batch of 600,000 vaccine doses, then donated a second batch on March 31. Cambodia then purchased 1.5 million vaccines from Chinese drug maker Sinovac Biotech. The vaccines were firstly on a voluntary basis, but recently was made mandatory, it was quoted if you don't take the vaccine when offered, other people who had the vaccine would be worried, it could also cause problems with employment.
But that to me is the small picture for the people of the country, what of its foreign residents under the age of 60. If you would refuse the Chinese vaccine, then what? Is there any alternative?
Is there good reason to refuse, don't get me wrong, I would be first in line for an approved vaccine. There could be complicated Sanrio's both ways! I would think the authorities would not be too pleased with you here. Could the result be that you maybe asked to leave, for not following covid19 guidelines. But then if you do accept, what problem may then come along, possibly the vaccine is not, and never approved, no ones sure about having a vaccine on top of the Chinese ones, its weak, leaving one vulnerable to the virus. Lastly what if the vaccine is needed has your way of travel, the vaccine passport.
So Docs quote of adding a 0 on a recognised approved vaccine could not be far from the truth if it became available.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:22 am
AndyKK wrote:
Apollo91881 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:41 pm Didn’t they have to buy these from China?
Camboda was given a free batch firstly. Now they have purchased more of the same vaccines to a tune of $1.5 million.
I read somewhere that China can't test the vaccine at home because there is little sign, or too few people with the Covid19 virus.
The vaccine was given the status of emergency use by Cambodia's authorities. Now with the rise of infection in Cambodia's the status is now of vacation being mandatory.
China have once again shown they don't have to follow any guidance of combined world authorities, they have a country or more testing their product, possibly overriding any legal formalities, and for one poor nation, being a developing country, Camboda are paying for the none approved vaccines with hope that it will give an overall prevention for it's people.
No. They were given 700 000 or so Sinopharm vaccines as a donation (I think the total will be 1M). They also got 300 000 AZ from Covax. They've now PURCHASED Sinovac. Not the same. More purchases of Sinovac down the road, and more donations from big brother, but Sinopharm and Sinovac are two different vaccines.
Yes, l am aware about they are two different vaccines, my point at this moment is both vaccines are still in there trial period (well one is for sure). So both are not verified by the World Health Organisation, so are only used on a voluntary basis has emergency use. Your point was?
My point is that your were incorrectly saying that they're the same vaccine (or incorrectly expressed yourself). The vaccines are no longer in the trial period, they just haven't been "approved" by the WHO. When is the last time you got a vaccine and made sure it was "approved by the WHO"? Local governments have their own regulations. As far as I know, JJ, Moderna and others also haven't been officially approved but they're still post-trial and being rolled out. It takes time as there are tons of vaccine candidates (plus, they approved AZ but there are obvious blood clotting issues, so not sure why you'd hand on the WHO's word).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:54 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:22 am
AndyKK wrote:
My point is that your were incorrectly saying that they're the same vaccine (or incorrectly expressed yourself). The vaccines are no longer in the trial period, they just haven't been "approved" by the WHO. When is the last time you got a vaccine and made sure it was "approved by the WHO"? Local governments have their own regulations. As far as I know, JJ, Moderna and others also haven't been officially approved but they're still post-trial and being rolled out. It takes time as there are tons of vaccine candidates (plus, they approved AZ but there are obvious blood clotting issues, so not sure why you'd hand on the WHO's word).
This is not personal Bitte_Kein_Lexus it's because you are answering or certainly aiding my questions, that I query myself.
Yes, you are right, so we can safely say if a local government passed a vaccine that maybe was
inappropriate in it's use. I say this for two main reasons. One, is the vaccine seems to have a lack of paperwork at this moment, but again like you say it takes time to get the testing to that stage. Second what if a countries government approved the vaccine, would you have any doubt that it was only on the merritt of the vaccines abilities to keep Covid19 from doing any harm to the person vaccinated, being that this is why it became approved, in that it is effective in it's own evidence.
I would not want any doubt about the situation of approval, business ties or the payment is satisfactory. What too of any legal right, would you have being in a country not of your own, if something was to go wrong, un-sureities just don't do it for me.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Which vaccine has a lack of paperwork? And what exactly do you mean by "paperwork"? Did you read any paperwork from Pfizer or any other vaccines? It's the same: they were given emergency FDA approval. Do you know how many people were in the Phase 3 trials of any of the vaccines? Did you read up on them? I'm guessing not... I also understand you being more apprehensive about Chinese vaccines though. So am/was I.

I wrote a lengthy reply regarding Sinovac's effectiveness based largely on the latest Brazilian study. You can easily find information/"paperwork" for it and draw your own conclusions, but I gave a sort of overview here:
post484219.html?hilit=brazilian#p484219

As for un-sureities, well I don't think you'll find anything else in the world at the moment, sadly. Even AZ and JJ are proving to have issues of their own. They are few and far between, but the nature of the rapid development means testing periods were condensed and overlapping slightly. TBH, I would have waited as I'm not at risk, but my work sort of required me to get a jab, and at the moment that means Sinovac. That's why I did all the research on it before accepting. There are no signs of serious side-effects or health issues with either Chinese vaccine (so far).
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^
I might just add that @ali baba posted some very pertinent/relevant information for comparing vaccines several pages back. I'm perhaps over generalising but it suggests people are not comparing apples with apples.. Worth a read/listen imo.

post482315.html#p482315
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:13 pm From the Chinese Embassy on FB:

Good news
In order to support the Cambodian government's anti-epidemic work, the Chinese government has decided to donate 400,000 doses of Sinopharm's new crown vaccine to Cambodia again free of charge. These vaccines are expected to arrive in Cambodia by commercial flights at the end of this month.
In addition to this, the Chinese Embassy posted on FB that 500,000 doses of Sinovac will arrive in Cambodia tomorrow (this is the second shipment ordered by the Cambodian government).

Probably a lot of both shipments will be needed for the second injections of people who have already had their first.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic