Covid-19 VACCINE News

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by theKid »

ImageImage

Two of my staff went, one Khmer, one Chinese. Easy peasy for them.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

theKid wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 pm ImageImage

Are they gonna give you any?

Also, that card isn't going to impress any immigration officers anywhere in the world. If Thailand opens up to tourists with, inter alia, proof of vaccination, that card isn't going to cut the mustard.
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:12 am
theKid wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 pm

I’m being told there “are ways” to jump the queue but I’m not really exploring those, firstly because I’m worried about proper documentation and secondly because I prefer not to get the Chinese one.

I’m planning to get my shots in either Singapore or HK (got PR in either) where they have more stock than population and choices of Moderna or Biontech. I applied on the HK website and could have literally got the shot the same day. Likely gonna use the current clusterfuck for a trip back.

The card is not the actual proof btw, there are other papers as well. But you are right, no one knows how an eventual “passport” will look like and that’s a concern.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

theKid wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 am

I’m being told there “are ways” to jump the queue but I’m not really exploring those, firstly because I’m worried about proper documentation and secondly because I prefer not to get the Chinese one.

I’m planning to get my shots in either Singapore or HK (got PR in either) where they have more stock than population and choices of Moderna or Biontech. I applied on the HK website and could have literally got the shot the same day. Likely gonna use the current clusterfuck for a trip back.

The card is not the actual proof btw, there are other papers as well. But you are right, no one knows how an eventual “passport” will look like and that’s a concern.
I agree about the Chinese one, I simply don't trust it. If you can pay a visit to HK and get a choice of the good stuff, that's a nice position to be in.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:57 am
theKid wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:45 am

I agree about the Chinese one, I simply don't trust it. If you can pay a visit to HK and get a choice of the good stuff, that's a nice position to be in.
HK has a 21 day quarantine
than if u want come back to Cambodia another 15

Better off heading to Singapore
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
reflexline
Expatriate

Post by reflexline »

Teachers at private and state schools have been invited for vaccination (Sinovac).
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Doc67 wrote: Also, that card isn't going to impress any immigration officers anywhere in the world. If Thailand opens up to tourists with, inter alia, proof of vaccination, that card isn't going to cut the mustard.
That’s the back of the card. The front is much more official looking with ID/passport number, and the QR code links to an ID database. I think it would get accepted by many places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

jah steu wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:54 am
Doc67 wrote: Also, that card isn't going to impress any immigration officers anywhere in the world. If Thailand opens up to tourists with, inter alia, proof of vaccination, that card isn't going to cut the mustard.
That’s the back of the card. The front is much more official looking with ID/passport number, and the QR code links to an ID database. I think it would get accepted by many places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The card looks official but where and when do countries dictate their acceptance of "proof of vaccine" based on the vaccine manufacturer and its source country? Certainly many countries may question the efficacy data for the 2 Chinese-based vaccines especially given they were developed with old technology of using inactivated virus envelope instead of mRNA technology used by every other manufacturer. Along with somewhat suspect clinical trial data.

Anyway it is bound to be complicated. Hold on tight.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its good enough to enter Thailand

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Thailand doesn't exactly have stringent requirements, and given their proximity to China, it's normal that they'd put it on the list. I notice Sinopharm isn't there though. Western countries might be less likely to accept it given the lack of transparency with these two vaccines.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic