Covid-19 VACCINE News

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Covid-19 VACCINE News

Post by Brody »

Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:47 pm
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm Invited in to get the first shot tomorrow.
How were you invited?
My office was asked to submit names of all staff last. Earlier a letter from the ministry was sent inviting all those on the list to turn up tomorrow morning at the hospital and get the jab tomorrow morning. It was in the news a day or so ago that 1 April is the start of a nationwide drive for 1 million (?) injections, so guess to do with that. Hope its no April fool.
Thanks.

Please report back on your experiences. :thumb:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:49 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:25 pm
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm Invited in to get the first shot tomorrow. Which (Chinese) one is a mystery but seeing as its free, may as well.
Please let us all know how you get on.
Talking about the Chinese vaccine, use of emergency use only, passed by the Cambodian health ministry. I suppose it is better than asking for volunteers to participate in a free trial for China's benefit in getting it's vaccine passed by the WHO.
You one of them?

If it's Sinovac/pharm, then pretty much standard to polio, hep A and rabies shots- had all 3 and not caught polio, hep A or rabies. If it's effective or not, well meh. Best get the shots now while they are free, cos soon will need them to travel and maybe work/get visa. The stuff thats gone through my veins in the 90s and still being here makes me not that concerned.
Am I one of them? I don't know what your question is to be honest.
It's good news for you and your staff to be getting the Covid19 vaccines.
Like I have mentioned and others we may not have any choice of what vaccine we will receive.
But it was HE who said that the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid19 vaccine, would be available for forginers.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Cameron_Newbe
Tourist

Post by Cameron_Newbe »

Image Chaecked the letter it's SINOVAC.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:00 pm
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:52 pm
Brody wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:47 pm
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:17 pm Invited in to get the first shot tomorrow.
How were you invited?
My office was asked to submit names of all staff last. Earlier a letter from the ministry was sent inviting all those on the list to turn up tomorrow morning at the hospital and get the jab tomorrow morning. It was in the news a day or so ago that 1 April is the start of a nationwide drive for 1 million (?) injections, so guess to do with that. Hope its no April fool.
Thanks.

Please report back on your experiences. :thumb:
Corporate access route. Nobody yet from the retirees or malingers amongst called by virtue of age, not economic value.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cameron_Newbe wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:27 pm Image Chaecked the letter it's SINOVAC.
May I ask your age? Was the list submitted by your office the entire staff list, regardless of age?
Office cleaners and security guards too?

I am just trying to figure out if they are vaccinating on any basis of clinical risk (globally accepted regime) or simply by virtue of perceived value to the government.
Cameron_Newbe
Tourist

Post by Cameron_Newbe »

Cancelled until Monday. Did spend quite a while in a non-social distanced queue and filled in the first step of the form (to apply for a card).

Was told need letter from embassy, then told the dates had been changed and my list was now Monday (got home and checked messages- and yes, 5 mins after I left a message came through on the PC that I didn't get on my phone).

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cameron_Newbe wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:31 am Cancelled until Monday. Did spend quite a while in a non-social distanced queue and filled in the first step of the form (to apply for a card).

Was told need letter from embassy, then told the dates had been changed and my list was now Monday (got home and checked messages- and yes, 5 mins after I left a message came through on the PC that I didn't get on my phone).

Was told need letter from embassy

They are still running this crap I see.

Did any of your Khmer colleagues get theirs by any chance?
Cameron_Newbe
Tourist

Post by Cameron_Newbe »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 am

No, they got the date change memo. Muggins here didn't see it until after.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Cameron_Newbe wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:50 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:34 am

No, they got the date change memo. Muggins here didn't see it until after.
I see that even on a more delicate matter, the Khmer way of organisation does not change.
But, on a better note, you are in the wheels of motion, hopefully.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

When are the 3 million doses Australia donated arriving?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic