The worst thing you've ever done

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: The worst thing you've ever done

Post by Marty »

The vicious packs of dogs around Bangkok shouldnt be kicked. They should be euthanized.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

God I miss Cambodia. The bad times can go fuck themselves, but the good times were so much fun. It was so easy to be happy that you almost didn't even notice it. It gave me a taste of having everything again, and a slice of life I should really have lost any right to long ago, and for that I'll always be grateful to it. Sure, for the visitor it's mostly just a play, but for the players in any play, it's as real as anything while the show is on. It just goes more quickly, that's all. Soon all that you'll have is the memory, but a memory of something is better than a memory of nothing, and Cambodia will always be something. Enjoy it while it lasts, while you live it and breath it and while the stage is yours.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I also remember terrorizing a flock of sheep with a pack of dogs and intentionally chasing them off a cliff whilst in Scotland. I can still hear the sound of them clattering onto the rocks below. I also used to go ferreting as a boy. Ferret down the rabbit hole, rabbits run out into nets placed over the hole and then we would kill them with our bare hands. I could never do that now.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Probably the worst thing in Cambodia I've done is drunkenly taken on a then popular expat bar owner in his own premises which I'm completely embarrassed about. Suffice to say I got my arse summarily handed to me in a hand basket and still feel like an idiot for my actions.
Sir Stephen
Expatriate
France

Post by Sir Stephen »

The bad thing I have done is too terrible to say in words :whip: :whip:

atkins, k
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by atkins, k »

Foreigner wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:22 pm If you were going to mull over the bad things you've done in life (I'm sure we must all do that from time to time ?).

How bad would the worst thing you've ever done been ? the thing you regret the most ?

When I was a kid ( about 8 ) I kicked our dog (golden retriever) in a petulant temper tantrum.
If you had woken up in the middle of the night having an urge to use the bathroom and while blindly stumbling towards the toilet accidentally kicked your dog. Dogs don't know we make mistakes, it would have though you woke up in the middle of the night just to kick it awake. Or, more plausible, forgotten the whole episode the next day.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

atkins, k wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 2:28 am
Foreigner wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:22 pm If you were going to mull over the bad things you've done in life (I'm sure we must all do that from time to time ?).

How bad would the worst thing you've ever done been ? the thing you regret the most ?

When I was a kid ( about 8 ) I kicked our dog (golden retriever) in a petulant temper tantrum.
If you had woken up in the middle of the night having an urge to use the bathroom and while blindly stumbling towards the toilet accidentally kicked your dog. Dogs don't know we make mistakes, it would have though you woke up in the middle of the night just to kick it awake. Or, more plausible, forgotten the whole episode the next day.
I can guarantee you she never totally forgave me. it was a petulant kick when she was lieing completely relaxed on the lawn.

I was only about 9 but it was still a very shit thing to do.
Last edited by Foreigner on Sun May 24, 2020 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Marty wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 am The vicious packs of dogs around Bangkok shouldnt be kicked. They should be euthanized.
Walking out of my apt one night -- a dark alleyway which leads to main strip-- Preah Norodom Blvd.( near Caltex gas station). anyway some dog was barking and inching closer to me so i just froze. Stopped. I seem to remember if you run a dogs instinct is to run after you. I slowed my pace and dog kept barking and i kept walking. A few seconds later ( which seemed longer) the dog just stopped.

I assume thats the correct way? dont run if dog is barking at you?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

You did right. But theyre unpredicatble especially when there are more than one. I hate them.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:01 am
Marty wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:27 am The vicious packs of dogs around Bangkok shouldnt be kicked. They should be euthanized.
Walking out of my apt one night -- a dark alleyway which leads to main strip-- Preah Norodom Blvd.( near Caltex gas station). anyway some dog was barking and inching closer to me so i just froze. Stopped. I seem to remember if you run a dogs instinct is to run after you. I slowed my pace and dog kept barking and i kept walking. A few seconds later ( which seemed longer) the dog just stopped.

I assume thats the correct way? dont run if dog is barking at you?
And hold up one arm, like you have a rock in your hand, ready to launch. :thumb:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic