Western Woman Seen Begging on Kampot Roadside

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
db8871
Tourist

Re: Western Woman Seen Begging on Kampot Roadside

Post by db8871 »

She looks woke to me when faced with reality. :)
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:49 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:57 pm This is a gypsy beggar

Alex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:47 pm She looks Eastern to me, not Western. But then again I mean East European. Maybe a gypsy.
Often to be found with a baby swinging off their boobs while demanding money and putting curses on anyone who won't cough up. Of course there are exceptions but they are in general awful people.
You never see them with a baby in the UK, the child protection unit would intervene, in London they are usually old ladies.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:45 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:49 am
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:57 pm This is a gypsy beggar

Alex wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:47 pm She looks Eastern to me, not Western. But then again I mean East European. Maybe a gypsy.
Often to be found with a baby swinging off their boobs while demanding money and putting curses on anyone who won't cough up. Of course there are exceptions but they are in general awful people.
You never see them with a baby in the UK, the child protection unit would intervene, in London they are usually old ladies.
Didn't they used to carry around fake babies? I am sure I have seen some of them carrying a bundle in the past.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

Some of these losers are using Covid-19 because we all know they'd be begging anyway.

I can't stand these useless looking for a hand out Barang!
khmerhamster
Expatriate
Turkmenistan

Post by khmerhamster »

rogerrabbit wrote:
Doc67 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:26 pm any translations?
"I am traveling without money, please help support my trip."

The handwriting is really bad, like kid wrote it or something.
I think she has written it herself - there are a few mistakes.

There must be a website somewhere telling people what to write in different languages. I don't think she has used Google translate - she hasn't copied a computer font

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:14 pm Looks like the same soap dodger that was begging under the bridge in Chbar Ampouv not so long ago
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am Some of these losers are using Covid-19 because we all know they'd be begging anyway.

I think PSD-Kiwi is right with her begging under the bridge in Chbar Ampouv, and there are very few Barang to hop for an hand out. I think she is defiantly aiming at Khmer, she may have give to the needy beforehand, and decided to come over herself from her own country, then seen the villas and Rolls, Ferrari and so on, now she's trying to recoup some of her monies back.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

About time she was sent to the detention center.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

AndyKK wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:24 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:14 pm Looks like the same soap dodger that was begging under the bridge in Chbar Ampouv not so long ago
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:01 am Some of these losers are using Covid-19 because we all know they'd be begging anyway.

I think PSD-Kiwi is right with her begging under the bridge in Chbar Ampouv, and there are very few Barang to hop for an hand out. I think she is defiantly aiming at Khmer, she may have give to the needy beforehand, and decided to come over herself from her own country, then seen the villas and Rolls, Ferrari and so on, now she's trying to recoup some of her monies back.
ImageImage

general-chatter/polish-woman-holds-sign ... 36599.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

why? are expats somehow superior and immune to misfortune?

poop happens to everybody

i dont know her story tbh
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:11 am
ImageImage

general-chatter/polish-woman-holds-sign ... 36599.html
Good call. So she's been begging since early March and has upgraded to a larger sign and possibly found shitter shoes. I guess Immigration would be slightly reluctant to detain visa overstayers atm, unless they're causing disorder.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic