Travel availability from UK to Cambodia

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Travel availability from UK to Cambodia

Post by Freightdog »

I’m as intensely interested as any regarding getting back to Cambodia. I’m stuck in Europe, while home is off limits. Young family, split by 10000km. 10 weeks, now. Many of us are similarly stranded by this situation, each with our own interest in getting back ‘home’.

‘Travel availability from UK to Cambodia’

I’m first going to ask the mod team if it could be aggressively policed to avoid it becoming a source of debate. We need concise, simple facts and statements as updates, and avoid the long winded, verbose attacks or recriminations that many threads often devolve into, running to umpteen pages. If you want debate, there are sufficient related threads for that.
Please, stay on topic.

Thus, if you KNOW that a route is, or soon will be available, please post it up here.
e.g
Airline X.
Routing.
Available dates/frequency.
price if known

Korean Air.
London Heathrow-Inchon-Phnom Penh (return).
16-5-20/one off.
£1800
(Web link)

I’d suggest that similar threads might be run for the USA/North America, Oz/NZ, europe, etc.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Travel availability from UK to Cambodia

Post by Anchor Moy »

I just checked the Expedia site to see what was on offer, and says that they have checked 400 airlines and they offer no flights from LHR to PHN in June. But 1 July, there is this Korean Airlines flight.

Also check out IATA travel restrictions to see you are eligible to transit.
18 May 2020 11:47:12 CET
https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 226297.htm
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Until airports are open for transfer's the flights will be cancelled
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Korean Air.
16-5-20/one off.
£1800
(Web link)

Do you mean June, not May?

Where did you find that Flight? I was looking at this route yesterday FD. The problem is the connector from ICN to PP doesnot fly on the arrival day of your LHR flight. I tried endlessly, correct me if I am wrong.

I looked at a flight leaving AMS which leaves on a day the synchronises with the connectors, arriving at 15:05 in plenty of time to catch either the KA or Asiana connector to PP. But you still have to get to AMS for the 21:20 KA flight. I think that may well be doable in a month.

How are you going to get a Covid-19 free test within 24 hours of departure?
Are you prepared to do 14 days in a Cambodian quarantine?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

atst wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:57 pm Until airports are open for transfer's the flights will be cancelled
I think you can still transit Seoul as long as you are not from Hubei and no visa for transit required for British Passports (for how long?)

Published 16.04.2020
1. Short-term visas (type C-1 and C-3) issued on or before 5 April are invalidated.
2. Visa exemptions for 90 nationalities with normal passport are temporarily suspended.
- This does not apply to airline crew.
- This does not apply to passengers with an APEC Business Travel Card.
3. Korean visas issued by the Wuhan Consulate in the Hubei Province are invalidated.
4. Visitors who have been in the Hubei Province (China People's Rep.) in the past 14 days are not allowed to transit or enter Korea (Rep.).
5. Nationals of China (People’s Rep.) with a passport issued in the Hubei Province are not allowed to transit or enter Korea (Rep.).
6. Passengers arriving from China (People's Rep) must have a visa issued by Korea (Rep.) to transit through Korea (Rep.).
- This not apply to nationals of Albania, Andorra, Barbados, Dominica, Guyana, Ireland (Rep.), Korea (Rep.), Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, Palau, San Marino, Slovenia, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, USA, Vatican City (Holy See) and Venezuela.
- This not apply to passengers with a British passport.
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic, consular, official, service or special passport.
7. Passengers are subject to mandatory self-quarantine for 14 days.
8. Nationals and residents of Korea (Rep.) are required to install 'Self-quarantine safety protection mobile app'.
9. Passengers and airline crew must install 'Self-diagnosis Mobile App' in their personal device and a completed Health Declaration Form and a Special Quarantine Declaration Form must be presented to the quarantine desk upon arrival.
10. All flights must arrive at Incheon International Airport (ICN) between 5:00 and 20:00.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Freightdog wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:26 pm I’m as intensely interested as any regarding getting back to Cambodia. I’m stuck in Europe, while home is off limits. Young family, split by 10000km. 10 weeks, now. Many of us are similarly stranded by this situation, each with our own interest in getting back ‘home’.

I’m first going to ask the mod team if it could be aggressively policed to avoid it becoming a source of debate. We need concise, simple facts and statements as updates, and avoid the long winded, verbose attacks or recriminations that many threads often devolve into, running to umpteen pages. If you want debate, there are sufficient related threads for that.
Please, stay on topic.

I’d suggest that similar threads might be run for the USA/North America, Oz/NZ, europe, etc.
there is an interesting post otof about what it was like to fly via Inchon to PP last night an what is required
part of what is there
you can visit there as a guest to view it
....all the passengers of Asiana Airlines Incheon → Phnom Penh flight that arrived last night (midnight), have to enter the isolation facility.

Must have medical report and negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72hrs of flight departure
Must have medical insurance coverage of USD$50,000

No entry to anyone travelling from or with a passport from;
USA
Spain
Italy
Germany
France
Iran

Mandatory 14 days quarantine in a Government quarantine facility or 14 days self-isolation - decision made pending risk assessment upon arrival.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Moved a few posts out of here.
This thread is for UK - Camb - UK travel. Everyone else can go to the new thread here >> the-road/the-companion-thread-travel-av ... 38238.html
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:54 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:26 pm I’m as intensely interested as any regarding getting back to Cambodia. I’m stuck in Europe, while home is off limits. Young family, split by 10000km. 10 weeks, now. Many of us are similarly stranded by this situation, each with our own interest in getting back ‘home’.

Please, stay on topic.

there is an interesting post otof about what it was like to fly via Inchon to PP last night an what is required
part of what is there
you can visit there as a guest to view it
....all the passengers of Asiana Airlines Incheon → Phnom Penh flight that arrived last night (midnight), have to enter the isolation facility.

Must have medical report and negative COVID-19 test result taken within 72hrs of flight departure
Must have medical insurance coverage of USD$50,000

No entry to anyone travelling from or with a passport from;
USA
Spain
Italy
Germany
France
Iran

Mandatory 14 days quarantine in a Government quarantine facility or 14 days self-isolation - decision made pending risk assessment upon arrival.
Just read that post... all I can say is, fuck that!

Also, the next time they do a review, the UK is almost certainly going to be added to that list of No Entry, although if you are a resident of Cambodia I think you get an exclusion. But, the risk assessment that will be made on a case by case basis might well go against you if you have a British passport as we are currently the worst in Europe any way you slice it.

Time to start making other summer plans...
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:29 pm
Also, the next time they do a review, the UK is almost certainly going to be added to that list of No Entry, although if you are a resident of Cambodia I think you get an exclusion. But, the risk assessment that will be made on a case by case basis might well go against you if you have a British passport as we are currently the worst in Europe any way you slice it.
Yes, but UK no longer in the EU so can do an EBA style trade deal.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Please, stay on topic.

Thus, if you KNOW that a route is, or soon will be available, please post it up here.
e.g
Airline X.
Routing.
Available dates/frequency.
price if known

Korean Air.
16-5-20/one off.
£1800
(Web link)

Have you found any good deals for UK to Cambodia yet?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic