If you had $1000 to invest....

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: If you had $1000 to invest....

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

The European cantaloupe, C. melo var. cantalupensis, is lightly ribbed with a sweet and flavorful flesh and a gray-green skin that looks quite different from that of the North American cantaloupe.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
amatuertrader
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by amatuertrader »

I'll trade you one fish hook for a melon.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

So I took my thousand dollars, multiplied it a couple of times and started Goodness Me! It's gluten Free.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:08 am So I took my thousand dollars, multiplied it a couple of times and started Goodness Me! It's gluten Free.

How did you invest the thousand to multiply it a couple of times?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Username Taken wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 am
rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:08 am So I took my thousand dollars, multiplied it a couple of times and started Goodness Me! It's gluten Free.

I no longer needed to finance my ex's sorry arse, so had money to save from my CV business. He was financially abusive and cost me a fortune.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:36 am
Username Taken wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:22 am

I no longer needed to finance my ex's sorry arse, so had money to save from my CV business. He was financially abusive and cost me a fortune.
So you didn't actually multiply your thousand, just saved more, let's hope your thousand and savings multiply in your new business. If you had invested $1000 in ETFs before and needed your money now you would probably have lost.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:32 am If you had invested $1000 in ETFs before and needed your money now you would probably have lost.
Not even close. If Rozz had invested in the S&P500 two days after posting she'd have made a large profit' let's say 30%, even after this year's 'crash':

twensolr91
Tourist
United States of America

Post by twensolr91 »

Time in the market beats timing the market.
Regularly allocate $ into low-fee index funds regardless of market conditions, and come back in 5 years and you'll be up
Jlucas
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Jlucas »

$1000 isn't much so probably Khmer language classes! - try to enrich my experience here as much as possible I suppose
CamboMan
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by CamboMan »

P2P in Europe is good. I recommend Robocash or Lender market are my preferred platforms. 14-15% annual interest rate, money stays reasonably liquid, safe ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic