Best legit sauna/massage place

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Best legit sauna/massage place

Post by Electric Earth »

So to make things simple, is it that you're worried about the sketchy cheap places, and would like a higher end rub-and-tug joint where you can even get a massage first? Being CEO and given the openness of many of the posts here, I don't think you need to be too bashful about what you're looking for, whatever it may be. Someone probably knows of a place.

I've never partaken in the massage places with "extra services," but if you're talking about a clean, higher end place where the girl is good at what she does, I don't see where $50 would be uncalled for at all. I assume like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

I paid $40 for an actual massage here at one of the nicer hotels. The girl obviously actually knew what she was doing and it was 100% worth it. Fixed my contracted neck muscles right up and felt much better the next day. It also came with the whole tea, fruit, and foot massage before, more tea and fruit after. Soak in the hot tub and swim in the pool afterward if you want. I'm certain Phnom Penh has those, as mentioned before.

What are you looking for?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Electric Earth wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:03 pm I paid $40 for an actual massage here at one of the nicer hotels. The girl obviously actually knew what she was doing and it was 100% worth it. Fixed my contracted neck muscles right up and felt much better the next day. It also came with the whole tea, fruit, and foot massage before, more tea and fruit after. Soak in the hot tub and swim in the pool afterward if you want. I'm certain Phnom Penh has those, as mentioned before.
That's a pretty good price for a professional (no pun intended) massage package deal. Would you be happy to share which hotel it was please?
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Electric Earth wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:03 pm So to make things simple, is it that you're worried about the sketchy cheap places, and would like a higher end rub-and-tug joint where you can even get a massage first? Being CEO and given the openness of many of the posts here, I don't think you need to be too bashful about what you're looking for, whatever it may be. Someone probably knows of a place.

I've never partaken in the massage places with "extra services," but if you're talking about a clean, higher end place where the girl is good at what she does, I don't see where $50 would be uncalled for at all. I assume like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

I paid $40 for an actual massage here at one of the nicer hotels. The girl obviously actually knew what she was doing and it was 100% worth it. Fixed my contracted neck muscles right up and felt much better the next day. It also came with the whole tea, fruit, and foot massage before, more tea and fruit after. Soak in the hot tub and swim in the pool afterward if you want. I'm certain Phnom Penh has those, as mentioned before.

What are you looking for?
It sounds very good, and probably a bit of an upgrade on my place, although I would bet not by much if you get the right masseuse. The best two (one because she was absolutely drop dead gorgeous, quite good fun and a pretty good masseuse, and one because she was very pretty, a lot of fun, and a dynamite masseuse*) left about a year ago unfortunately to who knows where.

But they still have (or at least did a few months back) have 2 or 3 very good ones, including a girl who whilst being a bit crazy and sometimes playing silly buggers making you wait for her etc, gave me the best goddam massage of my entire life, and - unlike 99% of masseuses and probably physios etc - can actually be trusted with an injury area.

Turning to your question, what I was looking for was to find out if there was some fun I was missing out on, as I have always suspected.

By asking the question that I did, I thought that it was likely that people would mention the place that I frequent when in Phnom Penh, and then enter into a discussion about it, including whether or not hanky panky took place, during which they would expose the sordid details I have always dreamed about.

I then reflected on it, and thought 'you know what ? maybe there really was nothing going on. maybe I was just a bit of a jerk a couple of times', and then sought to find out whether or not I had been a bit of a jerk a couple of times.

Then I thought maybe it'd've been better if I hadn't mentioned it at all.

* I got both their phone numbers but neither of them answered when I called
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Yerg wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 10:22 pmThat's a pretty good price for a professional (no pun intended) massage package deal. Would you be happy to share which hotel it was please?
Borei Angkor Rest and Spa in Siem Reap on Road 6. They offer the standard selection of massages. I think the one I got was just Neck and Back massage or something.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

they didn't leave because of me btw. they were there when I left at the end of the winter and gone when I came back. they just left. evidently there was an argument about how long the girls could take breaks for while they were on shift or something.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Foreigner wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:17 pm I know a place in the centre of town where you get:

- unlimited bath
- unlimited sauna
- unlimited steam room
- unlimited tv
- unlimited ice tea
- one hour oil massage

for $12 (I think it's 12. used to be 10 but they put it up a bit)
change the massage to Khmer and you're looking at $7

you can choose your masseuse if she's available and you know her number, and several of them are very good. and sometimes flirt and stuff.
i think they were ordered to close?
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

fazur wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:25 am
Foreigner wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 6:17 pm I know a place in the centre of town where you get:

- unlimited bath
- unlimited sauna
- unlimited steam room
- unlimited tv
- unlimited ice tea
- one hour oil massage

for $12 (I think it's 12. used to be 10 but they put it up a bit)
change the massage to Khmer and you're looking at $7

you can choose your masseuse if she's available and you know her number, and several of them are very good. and sometimes flirt and stuff.
i think they were ordered to close?
During the virus ??

@fazur

Do you just mean during the virus ? The website's still the same.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

yes, i thought all massage places and ktvs were ordered to close for now
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

I'm very confused.

What's a legit massage?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

timmydownawell wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:40 pm I'm very confused.

What's a legit massage?
It would appear you've been stuck down your well too long. According to OP, it's a legit massage parlour with no hanky-panky, but with the option of a privately negotiated hanky-panky session with the masseur. I think...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic