Trump said the US 'could cut off the whole relationship' with China

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Trump said the US 'could cut off the whole relationship' with China

Post by Electric Earth »

rexwell wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:03 pmI mean how do you feel about that? Politically.
I think it's suspect that this happened in 1993 and she suddenly feels the need to make some news headlines about it now as the presidential election is coming up. It was so long ago it seems fishy that she would bring it up now. But who knows. It may be true. I'm quite sure he's not a good person and it wouldn't surprise me at all to know it was true. In general, I feel the same as I expressed in previous posts. I think Biden is a typical politician scumbag. I feel basically the same about him as I feel about the scumbag (probable rapist and pedophile) Trump. Trump does seem like a slightly worse person, but they're all a bunch of corrupt, greed-driven pieces of shit, just working to make themselves richer, not for the benefit of our country.

How do you feel about it?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

cptrelentless wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:16 pm Trump is so racist it has its own wikipedia page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_vi ... nald_Trump
But he hasn't actually been recorded saying "I think people of color are inferior" so any Trumper is going to deny it. They'll be quick to point out that even though he's said racist things Many times, he specifically said, for the camera once, that he likes black people. So clearly he's no racist... :roll:

I'd almost prefer they had the guts to just admit they don't care that he's racist.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Electric Earth wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:25 pm
rexwell wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:03 pmI mean how do you feel about that? Politically.
I think it's suspect that this happened in 1993 and she suddenly feels the need to make some news headlines about it now as the presidential election is coming up. It was so long ago it seems fishy that she would bring it up now. But who knows. It may be true. I'm quite sure he's not a good person and it wouldn't surprise me at all to know it was true. In general, I feel the same as I expressed in previous posts. I think Biden is a typical politician scumbag. I feel basically the same about him as I feel about the scumbag (probable rapist and pedophile) Trump. Trump does seem like a slightly worse person, but they're all a bunch of corrupt, greed-driven pieces of shit, just working to make themselves richer, not for the benefit of our country.

How do you feel about it?
Actually, pretty much like you. Power corrupts on either side of the political spectrum. I was recently reading an article, where an ardent supporter of Biden, said "Biden could rape me on 5th Avenue, and I would still vote for him". Seems like the #Metoo movement are staying away from this one. Sexual power of those in office would go way back before the Clintons, before the Kennedys, back to ancient times. Even Julius Caesar may have uttered Carpe vagina" at Roman orgies. Sadly, it seems impossible to find a decent ruler for the free world.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

The free world would, I think prefer leaders to rulers; or perhaps just representatives.
Biden and Trump are much the same as each other.
Exit polls clearly showed Sanders as the preferred choice, but the party machine preempted the electoral process, as they did with Clinton in 2016.
It is called an Oligarchy and rapidly heading towards a fascist dictatorship.
Recall that both Trump and Bush Jr were installed as Presidents after losing the popular vote conclusively.
The marketing of the USA as a democracy with free and fair elections, and the disconnect with reality, is finally being questioned by Americans.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

rexwell wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 3:53 pm Julius Caesar
capto cunnus, lol
power needs exercise

monstra mihi bona!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

nemo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:42 pm The free world would, I think prefer leaders to rulers; or perhaps just representatives.
Biden and Trump are much the same as each other.
Exit polls clearly showed Sanders as the preferred choice, but the party machine preempted the electoral process, as they did with Clinton in 2016.
It is called an Oligarchy and rapidly heading towards a fascist dictatorship.
Recall that both Trump and Bush Jr were installed as Presidents after losing the popular vote conclusively.
The marketing of the USA as a democracy with free and fair elections, and the disconnect with reality, is finally being questioned by Americans.
I have come to see the US as a third world kleptocracy. I have no no idea how to chage things.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Really not my business. The target is so large, soft and weak, I could not help attacking it.
America was formerly described as the light on the hill.
Her friends and allies would love to see her re-assume this mantle.
No one else can.
We need to begin telling the truth about our very weak western societies and the trends of degradation now evident socially and economically.
The continued polarisation of our western society on left/right lines guarantees the success of the new hegemon if we allow it.
We must submerge party politics for now, and unite against the common threat.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

nemo wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:03 pm America was formerly described as the light on the hill.
Her friends and allies would love to see her re-assume this mantle.
I voted Trump partially for the non-interventionism. Would like the US to play a smaller role in global politics.

Dear Rest of the World,
Please solve your own problems.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:25 pm Dear Rest of the World,
Please solve your own problems.
lol
stop sticking your nose into everything
and we'll have fewer