opening boarders

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Rufin
Tourist
Australia

opening boarders

Post by Rufin »

has anyone heard anything about the government opening up the boards to travel back to cambodia from australia.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: opening boarders

Post by fazur »

Ouija or other?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Rufin wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:46 am has anyone heard anything about the government opening up the boards to travel back to cambodia from australia.
Which government are you talking about?
First up you need permission from the Oz government just to leave Australia.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

I wouldn’t rent a room where the owner would want to open me up
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I heard Khmer news on the radio yesterday saying ASEAN governments are considering opening up ASEAN airports for intra ASEAN flights on June 1st but no source was given, no conditions were mentioned, it sounded more like a rumor to me.

As for Australia, they believe they're the lucky country with few cases, but with winter coming in I can see more cases popping up and stricter measures put in place.

Maybe easing up the rules on Jan 1st 2021?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Username Taken wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:20 am
Rufin wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 3:46 am has anyone heard anything about the government opening up the boards to travel back to cambodia from australia.
Which government are you talking about?
First up you need permission from the Oz government just to leave Australia.
If you are Australian but live overseas and are you are allowed to travel out of Australia just need to send them an email to get the ok
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The only borders that are closed to foreigners in Cambodia are land and sea borders. You can still fly in, if...

You have a valid multi entry/exit Visa or Visa in advance, Medical Certificate with negative C-19 test result taken within 72hrs of flight departure and medical insurance policy with USD$50,000 cover.
Oh, and a flight.

Even with the above, there is no guarantee that you will be permitted to board the flight, and if you do, there is no guarantee you will be permitted entry into Cambodian territory.

If you do make it all the way, you will face mandatory 14 days quarantine in a govt quarantine facility or 14 days self isolation - which one will be based on risk assessment when you are screened upon arrival.
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Bluenose wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:30 am I wouldn’t rent a room where the owner would want to open me up
Sex for rent is common in London or so I've heard.
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Not sure about Cambodia, but surfing's allowed again in Portugal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic