Want to buy a hostess bar

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Want to buy a hostess bar

Post by nerdlinger »

Please keep us updated on your progress.
I’m looking forward to this.
:popcorn:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Some see opportunity in these trying times. The ex Fuel bar on 130 has been gutted and looks like will be a hostess bar with the standard bar top erected next to the front door. And the recently opened Ivy Lounge on 13.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

jah steu wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:17 pm Actually it’s much easier to do with a Khmer partner but obviously you have to trust her and set licences etc up so that they don’t have total ownership of the business.
Maybe a nail or beauty salon is a better investment .. esp if for a female
yes? no?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Maybe it's just me but these all sound like extremely bad ideas. It could be a good time to buy a place at a firehouse sale price but you could be sitting on it for years before things pick up even to 2019 figures - which weren't all that great anyway. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

willyhilly wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:08 pm Well it’s nearly 2022 and it’s a good time to buy a bar. Surely. But not with a girlfriend. I might just come and have a look. I’m on the pension so a little bit more than breaking even would suffice.
I can still speak enough Khmer to get into trouble and know how to build things.
You're willing to spend seven nights a week sitting at the front of your bar from 20.00-03.00 guarding your business for a little more than breaking even?

Run. Run now. And buy Bitcoin or Microsoft stock instead.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:58 pm Run. Run now. And buy Bitcoin or Microsoft stock instead.
I think you are missing the point. He doesn't need money. He wants fun. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:05 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:58 pm Run. Run now. And buy Bitcoin or Microsoft stock instead.
I think you are missing the point. He doesn't need money. He wants fun. 8-)
I have met a few guys who actually went in to the bar business in LOS and KOW knowing that they would loose a grand each month and they were fine with that. They all had a nice pension or income from abroad. Most of them had run different businesses back home and wanted to "keep busy" when retired. And as John points out; having fun was of course at the heart of it.

Looking back on it now, me being a few years older, it does not feel all wrong. But I guess, it is all about the choices you make. Each too their own!
Strawberryshake
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Strawberryshake »

Has Corona been cured in PP?
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

Strawberryshake wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:24 am Has Corona been cured in PP?
Yes but syphillis hasn't. Alimony either.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, buy a daygone bar! Let the man buyabar in peace! Better yet--start your own daygone bar!
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:58 pm
willyhilly wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:08 pm Well it’s nearly 2022 and it’s a good time to buy a bar. Surely. But not with a girlfriend. I might just come and have a look. I’m on the pension so a little bit more than breaking even would suffice.
I can still speak enough Khmer to get into trouble and know how to build things.
You're willing to spend seven nights a week sitting at the front of your bar from 20.00-03.00 guarding your business for a little more than breaking even?
It seems to me that is EXACTLY the dream that many investors have when buying such business. Be the bosss of something even losing money, but having fun they never had before in life. Just immagine a work life spent on doing the same boring thing for 40 years..the idea of beeing a bar owner with cute girls around all day may be VERY appealing to many that come to spend their third life in Cambodia. NOT to my taste but I can understand the DREAM behind it.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic