Want to buy a hostess bar

If you are looking for a business to buy in Cambodia, you've come to the right place! This is a section where owners can post their businesses for sale and where others in the community can ask questions about starting a business here. Foreigners can own 100% of a business here in Cambodia, and it's a pretty simple process to buy or sell, whether it's a bar, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. Have questions about what paperwork is needed for your company? Ask away. Curious if the expat bar on Street 136 selling for $100,000 is a good deal? Start a discussion on CEO and we'll let you know what we think.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Want to buy a hostess bar

Post by hanno »

Rufin, take the money you want to invest and use it to go on a blinder. The money will last longer and you will have more fun that way.
Rufin
Tourist
Australia

Post by Rufin »

Stern we have asked about that bar but it has already been sold
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Rufin wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:54 am Stern we have asked about that bar but it has already been sold
Phew!
Now go out and buy a lottery ticket - the alignment of the stars are on your side today.

Seriously, sorry for the scepticism but i have seen so many people with this dream end up in tears.
A few do succeed, but very few.
The hospitality biz is fraught for all those dreamers who go into the industry untrained and inexperienced. It is the most competitive industry on the planet. The failure rate is extraordinary.
But maybe you have got that rare blend of skills, training and character to succeed. I don't want to put a hex on anybody's dream. Good luck.
Buy that lottery ticket anyway, the stats say they have approximately an equal chance of success.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

There are a few bars now being offered for ‘free’. You just stump up about $5K as a rental security deposit, pay the first month’s rent, sign the lease, and move in. The previous owners have just walked out due to the current extended closure of all the hostess bars.
The OP’s girlfriend could check these bars out and start running one if she has the experience and motivation to do so.
The OP could provide the funds from back in Aus!
It’s a challenging, exhausting, roller-coaster ride industry to be involved in but can provide a lot of fun and even some profit if you put in the commitment necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

There's a Swedish guy in PP that could tell you everything you need to know about opening a bar and getting schooled by a girl who didn't go to school, can't think of his name right now...
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:34 pm There's a Swedish guy in PP that could tell you everything you need to know about opening a bar and getting schooled by a girl who didn't go to school, can't think of his name right now...
There's probably a whole village of them tbf
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

You could not GIVE me a bar these days. You would have to be crazy to think about buying one. :beer3: :beer3: :beer3:
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I've got the utmost respect for any westerner who can run a successful business in SEA. I've had a small tourist boat business in Lombok, been a partner in a bar in Bali, and invested dough in a guesthouse/hotel in Pokhara - In total over the years burning between $130 -140 grand.

I see hostess bars being a whole new level of pain and puss and tip my hat to anyone who can pull them off (pardon the pun)- those of Jeh Stu's (sp?) ilk are a whole different breed of industrialist in possession of certain inherent qualities alien to many of us. Don't do, don't do it, don't do it!!

Just to add, If I ever meet any of you for a beer and suggest a business idea, poor that beer over my head, slap me across the face and have security throw me out! PLEASE!!
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Well it’s nearly 2022 and it’s a good time to buy a bar. Surely. But not with a girlfriend. I might just come and have a look. I’m on the pension so a little bit more than breaking even would suffice.
I can still speak enough Khmer to get into trouble and know how to build things.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Actually it’s much easier to do with a Khmer partner but obviously you have to trust her and set licences etc up so that they don’t have total ownership of the business.
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic