Any worthy food courts In Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Any worthy food courts In Phnom Penh?

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

rexwell wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:02 am Take a walk on St 13 outside Kandal Market in the early evening. Those chickens rotisseried over hot embers of charcoal look pretty good. I have never tried, so I don't know the price or quality.
Excellent, and cheap. I have probably had more take home chicken dinners from there than probably any other single dinners i have eaten from anywhere when visiting the "big smoke" Phnom Penh.
:thumb:
Safer than the whole spit-roasted chickens too, for sure. I still eat those but occasionally get low level shits even with my cast iron gut.
Skankykins
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Skankykins »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:04 pm Aeon Food court is decent with many cheap options. if you want Haianese chicken then just a few doors down from the Super Duper on Sothearos is a good one about $3 per portion
I second this place. pretty damn good. Cheap, clean and attentive service from a ridiculous amount of servers. Aeon 2 (Sen Sok) has a decent food court. Village Duck on St 108, one block east of Monivong, is great too. Not the cheapest, and annoyingly small bowls /plates but portions are a good size and the place is fucking spotless.

Re the Kandal market rotisseries along St 13, the sheer amount of dust, dirt and exhaust fumes churned up along that street always deters me.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I went here the other night, and well worth the mention on this thread. Katy Peri's Chicken & Pizza, the service and pizza can't be faulted and neither the price. I ordered the 11" meat lovers, one of the most expensive on the menu at $6, and cooked in the oven fired by wood.
I had it to take away, I would have eaten there if the Black Cat Bar was open, I used to go to that bar years ago, anyhow back to the pizza, best I have had in the city, worth the money.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Anything would look good if you lived in kampong thom , none of the hotels are delicious ,
There is only 1 place with a ‘ barang ‘ in the kitchen where i wish I could but i’m not allowed ..

Somebody showed me this today and it looked like a mirage in the desert , my mouth started to water ,
But no phone number and vague address , how do they keep this b.s. fresh on google ?

https://the-stop-cafe-rest-stop-pres-pr ... ness.site/
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pissontheroof wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:36 pm Anything would look good if you lived in kampong thom , none of the hotels are delicious ,
There is only 1 place with a ‘ barang ‘ in the kitchen where i wish I could but i’m not allowed ..

Somebody showed me this today and it looked like a mirage in the desert , my mouth started to water ,
But no phone number and vague address , how do they keep this b.s. fresh on google ?

There are actually two where you are. I have been many times to the one on highway 4, mainly to eat meat pies.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

AndyKK wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:05 am
pissontheroof wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:36 pm Anything would look good if you lived in kampong thom , none of the hotels are delicious ,

There are actually two where you are. I have been many times to the one on highway 4, mainly to eat meat pies.

I only eat cherry 🍒 pie ..
The menu was insane ! I’d have been theere often ,... but
Yea ... I been here about a year , you’d a imagined I’d of heard by now ,
but got it from the “ horses” mouth in a ( contact us ) email this morning
They ( the one in k.thom ) went out of business quick because of the virus
The other one is to far away ..

I’m fkd here
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

The menu looked like a dream come True . Like an oasis in the desert , a mirage . A dream , a reason to live again .
I thought the guy who sent it to me was a miracle worker( i thought ) Dave in cambodia . Now i wonder what can i pssbly do for penance.
To get into whatever holy b.s. chuch the love cafe belong to so I can donate for monthly food ..
they have pizza , quesadillas, huge chicken wings , basgetti , all good ...no rice or hot diggity’s
But I feel paranoid they will sabotage my pizzza , the past one they gave me I gave to the Police
No problem , so that’s good .. i sure miss the only place intown who has a barang in the kitchen.
... win i was normal ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:26 pm https://the-stop-cafe-rest-stop-pres-pr ... ness.site/

The menu looked like a dream come True . Like an oasis in the desert , a mirage . A dream , a reason to live again .
I thought the guy who sent it to me was a miracle worker( i thought ) Dave in cambodia . Now i wonder what can i pssbly do for penance.
To get into whatever holy b.s. chuch the love cafe belong to so I can donate for monthly food ..
they have pizza , quesadillas, huge chicken wings , basgetti , all good ...no rice or hot diggity’s
But I feel paranoid they will sabotage my pizzza , the past one they gave me I gave to the Police
No problem , so that’s good .. i sure miss the only place intown who has a barang in the kitchen.
... win i was normal ..
I had a good spaghetti at the Love Cafe & Pizza
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

... wish i was normal
[/quote]
I had a good spaghetti at the Love Cafe & Pizza
[/quote]

above I said already. Basketti ... the best .
They don’t allow me in ...
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The food is good too at Teddy bear #11 St 460, Phnom Penh
Spaghetti and Lasagna 😋
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic