Canadian needs fingerprints taken

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
canajoe
Tourist
Canada

Canadian needs fingerprints taken

Post by canajoe »

Hey hey. So I am a Canadian, kind of stuck here. I need to order an RCMP criminal check for my next teaching job in Taiwan. I almost had it done at the Ministry of Interior except we had a little argument over adding the department name and address to the FBI form they were using. When they figured out I wasnt applying for a US visa they showed me out. The ministry of justice was a complete bust. Our lovely consulate told me they usaully send people to Thailand, and werent helpful beyond that amazing nugget.

Anyone know where I can go? Do i just need to bribe someone? All I need is my fingerprints taken, a signature from whoever did it, and the name and address of the place that did it. Doesnt seem a huge geal to me, and I have done it in other countries. There is a canadian school here.. anyone know where to do this?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Canadian needs fingerprints taken

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Perhaps a public notary.

Google "Benson Samakay". Maybe his office could help.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

canajoe wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 am I almost had it done at the Ministry of Interior except we had a little argument over adding the department name and address to the FBI form they were using. When they figured out I wasnt applying for a US visa they showed me out. The ministry of justice was a complete bust. Our lovely consulate told me they usaully send people to Thailand, and werent helpful beyond that amazing nugget.
If I'm following this right this happened in Canada? Or here in Cambodia? How does the FBI fit into this whole thing? I'm lost.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

John Bingham wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:03 am
canajoe wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:58 am I almost had it done at the Ministry of Interior except we had a little argument over adding the department name and address to the FBI form they were using. When they figured out I wasnt applying for a US visa they showed me out. The ministry of justice was a complete bust. Our lovely consulate told me they usaully send people to Thailand, and werent helpful beyond that amazing nugget.
If I'm following this right this happened in Canada? Or here in Cambodia? How does the FBI fit into this whole thing? I'm lost.
I dont think the FBI was involved at all and only an FBI form was involved. Dude dont ever be argumentative about these things, go back in and let them add the department name and address to the FBI form they are using. Then get fingerprinted and its a done deal.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

You blew it mate. Should have just let them use whatever form there were using and kept your mouth closed. In Canada I think a notary would do the trick. In Cambodia, who knows? Good luck.
canajoe
Tourist
Canada

Post by canajoe »

Marty wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:20 am
John Bingham wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:03 am If I'm following this right this happened in Canada? Or here in Cambodia? How does the FBI fit into this whole thing? I'm lost.
I dont think the FBI was involved at all and only an FBI form was involved. Dude dont ever be argumentative about these things, go back in and let them add the department name and address to the FBI form they are using. Then get fingerprinted and its a done deal.

Yes of course I am in Cambodia. The ministry of Interior only has the authority to do fingerprinting for the US embassy. So they use an FBI form that does not indicate where the fingerprints were taken. This MUST be on the form I send to Canada so I tried to get them to add it. They would not do it however, saying it was not required. When they realized I was not using the form for a US visa they checked with a few higher ups, and said they could not legally provide me with fingerprints.

If they had given me the form, it would have been rejected in Canada without a stamped or signed indication of where it was from.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

One solution would be to find a lawyer, explain what you need, and ask him to arrange it for you. Of course this would not be free.

Its worthwhile to take time to explain your circumstances to the officials and ensure they understand - they often do not understand English all that well. I have always found officials to be very helpful once they understand and $10 or $20 can go a long way too.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Dude you lose patience too quick. Rethink even being in SE Asia. Do you you wanna be fingerprinted or not? One alternative is get arrested and fingerprinted for a petty crime. Then prove it was a mistaken identity. Viola! Your fingerprints are registered.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:11 am Perhaps a public notary.

Google "Benson Samakay". Maybe his office could help.
Benson Samay
Notarie Publique
#1 Mao Tse Toung Blvd (corner MTT and Norodom)

I have no idea whether or not Public Notaries can do this though.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Benson ^^^ originated as an Anglo-Saxon patronymic surname meaning “son of Benne” with Benne being a medieval short form of Benedictus. Benedictus is a Late Latin masculine name that means “blessed” so you could say that Benson means “son of the blessed one”.

Benson is a common patronymic surname of English origin meaning "son of Ben"

English: habitational name from a place in Oxfordshire named Benson, from Old English Benesingtun 'settlement (Old English tun) associated with Benesa',

Originally Benson was a lowland/Borders name with no tartan of their own.

Twins in New Zealand named "Benson" and "Hedges" after the brand were cited by a New Zealand judge amongst a list of inappropriate children's names.

“Ya'll know's why I's address ya as Missa Benson?”
“No. Why?”
“Cause Benson be ya slave name.

I hope that helps. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic