Police..anti corruption.. need help

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Re: Police..anti corruption.. need help

Post by Foreigner »

I feel sorry for you. Best to try to find a way to walk away whatever that takes from the sounds of it, and forget about 'winning' this fall-out even though it sounds like it's not your fault.

I suspect that your hope that in spite of the numerous stories about the ineffectiveness of police, police being open to bribes, police only serving their friends etc in Cambodia, there is actually some magic number you can call that the people on CEO will have to get through to the REAL police, is really what is far-fetched about this situation.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

Does "ding dong" mean the door bell is working, but nobody is at home?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Report incidents here: http://www.acu.gov.kh/en_index.php
Singsling
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Singsling »

If you're in no real hurry you can always try to contact a poster with high ranking connections who would know how to deal with those lowlifes. He'll be happy to help once he's gathered the funds to repay his bar tab and is out of extended confinement.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I dont see any corruption here,
just pissed a pissed off poster cause someone broke his sign...
Last edited by phuketrichard on Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Do yourself a big favour and click below...

housing-for-rent-sale/
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Do it the way Khmer appeal for justice.

Post it on Facebook for a name and shame.

Make sure the prominent Khmer Facebook personalities know about it. Maybe even get them to interview you and get the interview posted.

A foreigner appealing to Khmer for justice is a novelty. Look at what happened to the guy from Alaska. Iron Man personally intervened and made him a citizen.

Hopefully the local cops will be shamed enough to act.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Alternately, a perfect way to be a defendant in a ( criminal ) defamation trial.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I did not expect to be trolled here. .. stupid... yeah stupid.
I guess this site is a troll site mostly.
I want anti corruption unit information because though some of my property was smashed outside ny business .. by my neighbors... no arrests were made and no compensation given... and a local Commune official witnessed them bragging that they destroyed simething.. and yeah I filmed them.
The Vietnamese Cambodians n question are friends with the police chief.. and I know by word of mouth they have paid off the police on other issues (illegal construction projects)
Do I want to throw up a vid for a bunch of troll meat and also reveal my identity to a bunch of desperate trolls?
Naw not after the responses.
Thanks for nothing
I don't think he's listening to us anymore. That didn't take long. Next!!!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

DingDong wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:35 pm I did not expect to be trolled here. .. stupid... yeah stupid.
I guess this site is a troll site mostly.
I want anti corruption unit information because though some of my property was smashed outside ny business .. by my neighbors... no arrests were made and no compensation given... and a local Commune official witnessed them bragging that they destroyed simething.. and yeah I filmed them.
The Vietnamese Cambodians n question are friends with the police chief.. and I know by word of mouth they have paid off the police on other issues (illegal construction projects)
Do I want to throw up a vid for a bunch of troll meat and also reveal my identity to a bunch of desperate trolls?
Naw not after the responses.
Thanks for nothing
Welcome to Cambodia. Cambodia has no 'anti corruption police', but there's an anti corruption unit on Norodom Boulevard. It has been there for about 10 years, and since corruption is still rampant in Cambodia I seriously doubt they will of any help to you.

Sucking it up might be a tough task, but in this case it might be the wisest thing to do. And move house. Maybe move business. The fact you're fluent in Khmer will help you with this.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic