Hydroxychloroquine doesn't cure COVID-19

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Hydroxychloroquine doesn't cure COVID-19

Post by Kammekor »

A new study shows no beneficial effects of Hydroxychloroquine in COVID-19 patients.
In this observational study involving patients with Covid-19 who had been admitted to the hospital, hydroxychloroquine administration was not associated with either a greatly lowered or an increased risk of the composite end point of intubation or death.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/N ... =193180241

If you don't want to read the full study, here's an explanation:

]
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Hydroxychloroquine doesn't cure COVID-19

Post by WildA »

And you point is?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

From my understanding ( I'm not a doctor =P )

The mixture of hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin + Zink (they forgot about the zink in this study ) doesn't kill the virus, it stops the spread of the virus.

Your body still needs to kill it. In this study they used severe cases where the virus already spread everywhere and hence can't be stopped by the mixture of meds (other studies already showed this information)
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

And don’t forgot the 2 hit punch from this virus. The initial infection, and then the body’s immune response, both of which can cause illness and death.

The question I still have. Virus was ravaging mainland China for months before it immigrated. I am sure everything was tried and the results documented. The data must still be there.

Why won’t Xi release the results?

It would help the countries of the world by divulging what works and what doesn’t and save countless lives in the process.

If he really wanted to gain positive points with the world this would be it.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:12 am I am sure everything was tried and the results documented. The data must still be there.

Why won’t Xi release the results?
what makes you sure?

any reliable sources?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

fazur wrote:what makes you sure?

any reliable sources?
Think that President Xi would allow any reliable sources to actually publicly talk? This is the nation that practices the Art of War.

It’s a logical guess. Mainland China had the outbreak far earlier than the rest of the world. Lots of research centers, therefore lots of scientists and researchers. They probably discovered what the rest of the world is discovering now. They probably did what the rest of the world is now beginning to do now. Is that such a tinfoil hat idea?
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

fact 1: medical research on vaccines etc and cures can take years

fact 2: the vaccine cure would be worth trillions, so everybody's racing

fact 3: chinese are capitalist money-lovers

so what makes you think if they hada cure they would not want to make money out of it?

thats the part i'm thinking is illogical.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Do you think they will want to sell it for $Trillions before inoculating their own population first? That would be a tricky decision for the CPP.
If 1.3 billion people found out that their government had a vaccine, had inoculated the great and the good of the CPP and the rest of the world can now form a queue and have their credit cards at the ready.

Anyway, even if a company in Oxford or Munich or Boston comes up with a vaccine that works, the Chinese will just get a sample and copy the fuck out of it 1.3 billion times. Good luck getting any money out of them.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have mentioned it somewhere before that Cambodia had been using two of the malaria drugs, and other countries, it has been said that there would now be a lack of drugs to treat malaria.
China has showed their incompetence, with their skills to contain the virus ether in lab conditions or wet market, its only a matter of time that the truth will surface.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Equinix wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:51 am From my understanding ( I'm not a doctor =P )

The mixture of hydroxychloroquine + Azithromycin + Zink (they forgot about the zink in this study Image) doesn't kill the virus, it stops the spread of the virus.
and a pinch of turmeric.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic