New instant moto hire company launches... GO2

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: New instant moto hire company launches... GO2

Post by fazur »

this is more worries than a grab, not fewer

tuktuks are cheap here, no hassles

security? they probably keep ur passport
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

fazur wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:51 pm reliable electricity? no

cops ask for a licence? yes

good idea for any neighbouring country not here

next bright business model: Riyadh surfing club
What does the electricity not being reliable has to do with this company? Nothing really. You drive the bike and then you return it. Next time you take a bike that is fully charged. Have been able to get pretty much fully charged bike each time I have took one. I believe they have a team who goes around and switch batteries when they start to run low. They batteries are charged at their storage facility I think where I would imagine they have 2-5 more batteries than bikes. So even if electricity down for hour or two per day, it doesn't matter at all.

To be honest this works perfectly fine here too. If you don't need bike all the time it's a perfect companion with Grab. Sometimes is just nicer to ride yourself or during rush hours might be faster to ride than wait a tuktuk to arrive. Other times can take a Grab.

And cops haven't asked license from me years anymore in Phnom Penh.
fazur wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 5:56 pm this is more worries than a grab, not fewer

tuktuks are cheap here, no hassles

security? they probably keep ur passport
Why more worries? The company behind this is Singaporean based. They only need screenshot of your passport/driving license or you just your photo. No need to give your physical passport to anyone
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Obvious question being asked without researching the answer.......

Thefts? Do the bikes risk being stolen.

Oh and asking and not googling as people’s experience is often as good as google.
And.... I’m too lazy to google. lol
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

IraHayes wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:12 pm Obvious question being asked without researching the answer.......

Thefts? Do the bikes risk being stolen.

Oh and asking and not googling as people’s experience is often as good as google.
And.... I’m too lazy to google. lol
I guess same risk as with any bikes. But I think not much of a concern for the user as you "sign off" the bike once you park in legal spot so it's not exactly your problem after that.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I wouldn't have thought theft would be a big issue given they have GPS on them...indeed, that's how you locate them on the app. Unless the clever jaouw disables it.. :mrgreen:

Also, reading the app info..looks like you have to prepay $$ into your account before the trip. What happens if you run out of $ on your trip...the bike turns off on you whilst riding it? :shock:
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Yes a GPS jammer would make it dificult to trace the bikes but not sure whether a jao would purchase one to hide his practices. At $0.03/minute the costs are pretty reasonable as well. I have seen that companies offering similar services in Europe often have terms to diminish risks. Some don't allow usage between 01:00 - 06:00 as you can easily lock use to prevent drunk driving as well as being able to change depleted batteries durinmg the night. Or they allow only residents not tourists. You can have users check for any damage before renting the bike and upload pictures in the app. Traffic tickets and fines can easily be attributed to the renter at the time. And electric vehicles are way less maintenance intensive than petrol fueled ones.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

New instant moto hire company launches... GO2

Post by jah steu »

Kayve wrote:Is parking in front of [mention]jah steu[/mention] shops a legel spot ? In which case, would totally use their moto to go there :beer3:
Yes in front of my bars is fine!
When you have finished with the bike, the company asks that you leave it parked in a “legal” spot. You don’t have to return it to the place you collected it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Wont work unless they have charging points everywhere a bike is left.
this

and who responsible to make sure they are fully charged when you first take it?

give them 6 months max, till there all broken or stolen
.....disconnecting gps wont be hard for most people into stealing bikes
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I saw these bikes yesterday at a Circle K on Mao Tso XXX (IDK spelling). Interesting concept. Good luck to the owner/s.

The app is only in Khmer unless it has been updated. :facepalm:

Edit: New users get the first 2 hours free.
Still here, in country...
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Ravensnest wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:27 pm I saw these bikes yesterday at a Circle K on Mao Tso XXX (IDK spelling). Interesting concept. Good luck to the owner/s.

The app is only in Khmer unless it has been updated. :facepalm:

Edit: New users get the first 2 hours free.
It's in english too. Website has english version too https://e-go2.com/ (click the hamburger menu on left and there is flag to change language) and the mobile apps are based on the that application.
phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:00 pm
Wont work unless they have charging points everywhere a bike is left.
this

and who responsible to make sure they are fully charged when you first take it?

give them 6 months max, till there all broken or stolen
.....disconnecting gps wont be hard for most people into stealing bikes
You can see from the app how many km juice each bike still has. Their staff goes around and charge/change batteries when the charge gets too low.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic