Two Westerners Fall into the River while Drinking on Riverside

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Two Westerners Fall into the River while Drinking on Riverside

Post by Ravensnest »

I bet next time either of them need to take a piss they will walk down to the stinking bathrooms.
Still here, in country...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ravensnest wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:06 pm I bet next time either of them need to take a piss they will walk down to the stinking bathrooms.
Yep, taking a tumble while taking a leak sounds like a more plausible scenario than a discreet tryst among the stinky riverside weeds right on the riverfront at midday. ;)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

It's a very sad day when a couple of chaps can't get steaming drunk and end up in the A&E without having their reputations besmirched in the media by all and sundry.

A little bit of censorship goes a long way.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Agarwal.Aditya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:01 pm I think maybe they are gay men having sex in tall grass.
Homophobic much?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Looks like one of them took a tumble down, maybe drunk or fighting or possibly a collapse.

Anyhow, he looks fucked. The younger man looks unhappy, like he saw whatever took place and called for help.

I don't recognize either. Young guy looks like he may be from the former USSR.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

hanno wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:20 pm
Agarwal.Aditya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:01 pm I think maybe they are gay men having sex in tall grass.
Homophobic much?
Or speaking from personal experience.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

by chance I saw this, didnt see more then the photos but they were blind drunk. maybe they took some valium as well. they sure werent having sex. they couldnt walk and didnt know where they were. maybe their drinks were spiked, there were some dodgy looking khmer thieves hanging round that would do that sort of thing
jaggop
Expatriate
Denmark

Post by jaggop »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:23 pm Looks like one of them took a tumble down, maybe drunk or fighting or possibly a collapse.

Anyhow, he looks fucked. The younger man looks unhappy, like he saw whatever took place and called for help.

Younger man is not as young as you would think. They are about the same age, and from Canada ("younger") and New Zealand respectively. They have been around Riverside for many months.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

jaggop wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:43 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:23 pm Looks like one of them took a tumble down, maybe drunk or fighting or possibly a collapse.

Younger man is not as young as you would think. They are about the same age, and from Canada ("younger") and New Zealand respectively. They have been around Riverside for many months.

Are they the usual type of old ex-pat western-pissheads you see around SE Asia then ?
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

It seems logical one drunken buffoon slipped on that slimey spill way and his drunken buddy tried to help him. They both needed help and some Khmer people helped them...Of course, this minor incident was caught on camera and sent around the world.
Toss in the gay men romping in the tall grass theory.
I love the 2 Indian men cannot rent a room with 1 bed line..But, 8..10...12 Indian men can just grab a young female and gang bang her to relieve their aching balls on a bus..a train..in tall grass..any fucking place.
At least these 2 fellas are free from lockdown, able to purchase alcohol and the Khmer rescuers did not worry about social distancing.
Thankfully, they will be able to continue their expedition.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic