FPCS Foreigner Registration System

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: FPCS Foreigner Registration System

Post by AndyKK »

samrong01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:52 am I know there is another thread on this but the wide discussion and various opinions have left me confused. It is clear that registration is essential to renew visa after 1st July and also clear that you need to register using an APP on either Android or iPhone. What is not clear is what to do if you do not have a suitable Smartphone. The only Android device I have runs Android 4.2.2. The APP requires Android Version 5. I do not have a landlord.

I understand that it is the landlord's responsibility to register the foreigner however as registration is now linked to the visa it is obviously essential for each foreigner to verify that the landlord has actually done it.

So two fundamental questions that I can not find the answers to:

1. How does a foreigner register without a Smartphone?
2. How does a foreigner verify that he has been registered?
samrong01 it's not the end of the world to get yourself a phone that will do the job. like the other posters have mentioned, but I think better as beaker has said about a new one, please go for new if you can, unless you know much about smartphones. With new at least you have a guarantee, that's what my friend keeps telling me, he has a phone shop, and I have bought phones off people second-hand, with no comeback.
You say no landlord! why, are you in hotels or living with a girlfriend.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

AndyKK wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:11 pm You say no landlord! why, are you in hotels or living with a girlfriend.
I have my own house. I was hoping that someone might say "Go to the Immigration Department" or "Go to Head Village / Commune" but I guess I will try myself on Monday and see how I get on.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

samrong01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:01 pm Everybody is telling me how to buy a Smartphone. I know how to buy one but do not wish to do so. What I want to know is how to register without a smartphone. Does anybody know?
I told you how in my first post
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

samrong01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:21 pm
AndyKK wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:11 pm You say no landlord! why, are you in hotels or living with a girlfriend.
I have my own house. I was hoping that someone might say "Go to the Immigration Department" or "Go to Head Village / Commune" but I guess I will try myself on Monday and see how I get on.
And to verify that. I . Put my girlfriends sim in my fone. Go to app. Instead of login, go to sign up. Input details. Hay ho.
Logout.
Goto app and the person you borrowed app logs in using there details
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

I will also add if they have remember login details set on, you need to go to settings and manually log them out. Shut down app then reopen
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Smartphones are not the end of the world. Just the end of the real world. TRY IIIIIIT, YOU MIGHT LIKE IIIIIIIIT.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Soriya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:23 pm
samrong01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:01 pm Everybody is telling me how to buy a Smartphone. I know how to buy one but do not wish to do so. What I want to know is how to register without a smartphone. Does anybody know?
Well no, you told me how I could use someone else's Smartphone. So far the consensus seems to be that nobody knows how it could be done without a Smartphone. I intend to investigate more on Monday - it may turn out to be impossible to do it without a Smartphone.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

samrong01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:49 pm
Well no, you told me how I could use someone else's Smartphone. So far the consensus seems to be that nobody knows how it could be done without a Smartphone. I intend to investigate more on Monday - it may turn out to be impossible to do it without a Smartphone.
Have you got a laptop or pc?
If so install bluestacks,an android emulator,you should be able to do that way.
No need for a fone at all
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Soriya wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:58 pm
samrong01 wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:49 pm
Have you got a laptop or pc?
If so install bluestacks,an android emulator,you should be able to do that way.
No need for a fone at all
Interesting. I have not heard of this bluestacks but worth a try. I still think it should be possible to go to some office somewhere and say "I would like to register for FPCS" and receive the response "Certainly sir, just fill in this form". Perhaps I shall find out.
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Unfortunately Bluestack does not work on FPCS. When trying to create an account it gives the message:

ACCESS DENIED
This app is not authorized to use Firebase Authentication...

I have no clue what Firebase Authentication is but bottom line it does not work. This happens right at the end of the process.

Interesting package though. Its really meant for gamers I think. Large size - 514mb.

FPCS also requires Youtube to be installed.

Will try talking to my friendly Immigration Officer and/or head village on Monday.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic