Was there an event in PP last night?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Was there an event in PP last night?

Post by Ravensnest »

I have thankfully noticed that businesses around PP are opening and the numbers at Riverside are picking up. Last night around 8P.M., on ( bad spelling) Preh Sihanouk Blvd, not too far from Naga, the park on the opposite side of the road from Naga was chock full of parked motos for at least 1 or 2 blocks with no empty spots. There were also cars parked everywhere. The street was bumper to bumper of stop and go traffic there too. My wife was too shy to ask anyone surrounding us what was going on. I thought there was a concert going on there as they have sometimes, but nothing setup. There was also lots of military personal with rifles too.

Does anyone know what was going on?
Still here, in country...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Was there an event in PP last night?

Post by John Bingham »

Prime Minister HE's mother-in-law, Bun Siengly, died at age 96.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:24 pm Prime Minister HE's mother-in-law, Bun Siengly, died at age 96.
Ah, okay. thanks for the info. Was there something similar to what I would call a vigil there?
Still here, in country...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I guess so, I don't understand what they do at funerals.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:40 pm I guess so, I don't understand what they do at funerals.

You have an invite to mine so you can find out.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've been to some, all sorts of weird stuff with string, I had no idea what was going on.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

but this funeral wouldn't have had any of that
else it would have been a banned religious gathering

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Ravensnest wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm I have thankfully noticed that businesses around PP are opening and the numbers at Riverside are picking up. Last night around 8P.M., on ( bad spelling) Preh Sihanouk Blvd, not too far from Naga, the park on the opposite side of the road from Naga was chock full of parked motos for at least 1 or 2 blocks with no empty spots. There were also cars parked everywhere. The street was bumper to bumper of stop and go traffic there too. My wife was too shy to ask anyone surrounding us what was going on. I thought there was a concert going on there as they have sometimes, but nothing setup. There was also lots of military personal with rifles too.

Isn't it frustrating when you want to know what's going on a your other half is to shy to ask someone, mines the same, what's their problem I don't understand their reluctants
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

atst wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 am
Ravensnest wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 2:16 pm I have thankfully noticed that businesses around PP are opening and the numbers at Riverside are picking up. Last night around 8P.M., on ( bad spelling) Preh Sihanouk Blvd, not too far from Naga, the park on the opposite side of the road from Naga was chock full of parked motos for at least 1 or 2 blocks with no empty spots. There were also cars parked everywhere. The street was bumper to bumper of stop and go traffic there too. My wife was too shy to ask anyone surrounding us what was going on. I thought there was a concert going on there as they have sometimes, but nothing setup. There was also lots of military personal with rifles too.

Isn't it frustrating when you want to know what's going on a your other half is to shy to ask someone, mines the same, what's their problem I don't understand their reluctants
We passed too! What's going on here then? Silence. Traditional code of conduct Chbab Srey portrays women’s role as obedient and silent caretakers, this was an important event. Or she can't give you the correct wording so decides not to answer.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

atst wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:40 amIsn't it frustrating when you want to know what's going on a your other half is to shy to ask someone, mines the same, what's their problem I don't understand their reluctants
or when u want to try a new dish and they tell u u don't know how to eat it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic