7-11 Coming Soon

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: 7-11 Coming Soon

Post by phuketrichard »

A US subsidiary of 7-Eleven Japan Co will expand its convenience store empire to Cambodia next year and allow the Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group Co Ltd (CP Group) to oversee operations in the Kingdom.

Japan’s Kyodo News reported on Friday that CP All Plc, the conglomerate’s SET-listed retail arm, has concluded a deal with Dallas-based 7-Eleven Inc to operate 7-Eleven stores through its subsidiary CP All (Cambodia) Co beginning in 2021.

A spokeswoman for 7-Eleven Japan’s parent company, the Japanese retail group Seven & i Holdings Co Ltd, told Kyodo News that the first outlet is set to open in Phnom Penh.

She said 7-Eleven stores in the Kingdom will offer international beverage and snack products as well as ready-to-eat fresh food items tailored to the local palette.
According to the plan, he said, CP All will initially invest in around 700 to 1,000 outlets by itself. It will then sell franchises to Cambodian businesses and other foreign investors that wish to run 7-Eleven convenience stores in the Kingdom.

Federation of Associations for Small and Medium Enterprises of Cambodia president Te Taingpor told The Post on Sunday that he welcomes the presence of 7-Eleven in Cambodia. He says he hopes that the convenience store chain will consider allocating a shelf exclusively for Cambodian-made products.

“It would be great if 7-Eleven chooses to stock their outlets with our homemade products. If they just sell Thai-made products, it would impact our locally producers,” he said.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... qADVsY-YIo

Sorphorn said inventory at 7-Eleven convenience stores will comprise at least 50 per cent local-made products.

?? 50% ? what ? Prahok?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

[Admin Edit: No need for random insults to fellow members who are discussing the topic. Thanks.]
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:28 am
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:45 pm I like the convenience of being able to pay my condo internet bill at a 7-11 or Family Mart, not exactly struggling for one here, there is either a 7-11 or Family Mart every 167 metres along a 3km stretch of beachfront in Jomtien. 18 outlets in 3km's :D
yeah its crazy how many 7/11s n family marts are along that stretch lol
It's amazing that 12,000 7-11s and thousands of Family Marts are not enough. Aeon MaxValu (which makes fresh meals on the store premises) and Lawson 108 have been opening new branches regularly in Bangkok.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Khmer products in 50% will be sale in the 7-Eleven store in Cambodia
13 May 2020
Cambodia’s ambassador in Thailand, H.E Ouk Sophorn, requested CP ALL to use more Cambodian staffs and sell 50% of Khmer products.

The request was made by H.E Ambassador to Mr Chhairoj Tiwatmunchareoun, Senior Vice President, CP ALL Plc. and Director of CP All Cambodia on the project of investing in 7-Eleven stores in Cambodia on 11 May 2020, Bangkok, Thailand.

During the meeting, the ambassador expressed his appreciation to CP ALL for its Franchise business license from 7-Eleven Inc. in Japan and the United States. The company was asked to honour its promise to employ more Cambodian staff and sell 50% of Khmer product.

Taking the opportunity, Mr Chhairoj Tiwatmunchareoun, expressed his company’s commitment to the above words and requested the Cambodian Embassy to facilitate information on Khmer products, especially processed and nutritious foods, for companies to study and add to the list. Items for sale in the first branch are set to open later this year.
https://construction-property.com/khmer ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Picture of the new 7/11 with 50% Cambodian products. Image
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:35 am
A US subsidiary of 7-Eleven Japan Co will expand its convenience store empire to Cambodia next year and allow the Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group Co Ltd (CP Group) to oversee operations in the Kingdom.

Japan’s Kyodo News reported on Friday that CP All Plc, the conglomerate’s SET-listed retail arm, has concluded a deal with Dallas-based 7-Eleven Inc to operate 7-Eleven stores through its subsidiary CP All (Cambodia) Co beginning in 2021.

A spokeswoman for 7-Eleven Japan’s parent company, the Japanese retail group Seven & i Holdings Co Ltd, told Kyodo News that the first outlet is set to open in Phnom Penh.

She said 7-Eleven stores in the Kingdom will offer international beverage and snack products as well as ready-to-eat fresh food items tailored to the local palette.
According to the plan, he said, CP All will initially invest in around 700 to 1,000 outlets by itself. It will then sell franchises to Cambodian businesses and other foreign investors that wish to run 7-Eleven convenience stores in the Kingdom.

Federation of Associations for Small and Medium Enterprises of Cambodia president Te Taingpor told The Post on Sunday that he welcomes the presence of 7-Eleven in Cambodia. He says he hopes that the convenience store chain will consider allocating a shelf exclusively for Cambodian-made products.

“It would be great if 7-Eleven chooses to stock their outlets with our homemade products. If they just sell Thai-made products, it would impact our locally producers,” he said.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/business/ ... qADVsY-YIo

Sorphorn said inventory at 7-Eleven convenience stores will comprise at least 50 per cent local-made products.

?? 50% ? what ? Prahok?
There are actually a large range of Cambodian products available, unfortunately they are not priced competitively so I can't see this initiative going anywhere. They seem to think that putting a product in a nice package makes it suddenly worth Harrod's prices but that's not quite how it works. People need to get real.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:09 pm Khmer products in 50% will be sale in the 7-Eleven store in Cambodia
13 May 2020
Cambodia’s ambassador in Thailand, H.E Ouk Sophorn, requested CP ALL to use more Cambodian staffs and sell 50% of Khmer products.

The request was made by H.E Ambassador to Mr Chhairoj Tiwatmunchareoun, Senior Vice President, CP ALL Plc. and Director of CP All Cambodia on the project of investing in 7-Eleven stores in Cambodia on 11 May 2020, Bangkok, Thailand.

During the meeting, the ambassador expressed his appreciation to CP ALL for its Franchise business license from 7-Eleven Inc. in Japan and the United States. The company was asked to honour its promise to employ more Cambodian staff and sell 50% of Khmer product.

Taking the opportunity, Mr Chhairoj Tiwatmunchareoun, expressed his company’s commitment to the above words and requested the Cambodian Embassy to facilitate information on Khmer products, especially processed and nutritious foods, for companies to study and add to the list. Items for sale in the first branch are set to open later this year.
https://construction-property.com/khmer ... -cambodia/
not everything has to be political but why didn't they follow this same frame of thought when letting chinese companies take over snooky?? seems easy-- you can have your business but hire local
everyone wins...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

John Bingham wrote:
There are actually a large range of Cambodian products available, unfortunately they are not priced competitively so I can't see this initiative going anywhere. They seem to think that putting a product in a nice package makes it suddenly worth Harrod's prices but that's not quite how it works. People need to get real.
I wouldn't exactly call the range "large" per se. Walk through any minimart or supermarket and mentally eliminate all foreign goods and you'll be left with a some Coca-Cola products and a small range of food items. There are some fresh produce, but that's not what convenience stores would stock. That being said, there's a slowly growing range of products. The issue is like you say, they're either marketed at tourists or at farmers or something. So you're either buying overpriced peanuts or pepper in some elaborate, decorative tourism-driven packaging (designed to be a gift or souvenir I guess), or some truly shitty kid's snack that weighs 5g, is filled with air and sugar and has atrocious packaging standards. Meanwhile, the Thai products (which Khmers love anyways and always stock up on when in Thailand) are of better quality and usually cheaper. I don't see this as a real directive (despite KT's clickbaiting title), more like they hope 7/11 will help support local companies. I don't think it would be even remotely viable to stock 50% from the onset, but they could start at 10% and slowly try to move it up.

The funny thing is, I'm sure to be stocked in a 7/11, you have to settle for tiny margins as they'll be cut-throat when it comes to negotiating. To me it would make more sense to encourage early on some Thai 7/11 partners to get Khmer/English on their exported products. Then eventually they might move some manufacturing here once demand grows.

Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

711 latest addition to endangered wildlife list in cambodia

i give them a year, if that
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

7/11 will do just fine...
They can be the simple stores that they began as over 50 years ago and tailor their stores to the neighborhood.
Location location location...
I love hearing opinions from people who have never been in one ..except possibly in Bangkok by Nana Plaza. ...
The riverside in PP is bound to have an overhaul like Sihanoukville and 7/11 will be there when the dust clears.
I could give a fuck...I won't be a customer..
But, they will do just fine.
Give them a year?
Do you think they have a business plan that will fail and they will just say fuck it after a year?
They will still be here when you naysayers are allowed out of your lockdowns and all vaccinated for the plague and can travel again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic