7-11 Coming Soon

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: 7-11 Coming Soon

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

The biggest advantage in my minimalist travel aspirations is not having to bother packing toiletries on any trips especially with air travel hassle. Check into your accomodation, dump the bag and walk round the corner to a 7-11 to buy your mini pack of toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, deoderant etc. Saved me in a few rainstorms buying those plastic mac's they sell.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:35 am The biggest advantage in my minimalist travel aspirations is not having to bother packing toiletries on any trips especially with air travel hassle. Check into your accomodation, dump the bag and walk round the corner to a 7-11 to buy your mini pack of toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, deoderant etc. Saved me in a few rainstorms buying those plastic mac's they sell.
a lot of the Circle Ks around Phnom Penh have gone bust just recently. Over in Thai town one thing i missed was the assortment of drinks, toiletries, snacks, frozen meals and water all at reasonoable prices and on every single corner, in bangkok, even sometimes 2 on 1 block
Biffsm
BANNED
United States of America

Post by Biffsm »

Yes, I must admit plastic cheese and concrete chips with sushi to go is a young cats bag.
I did know some Thai girls who looked like nice sweet girls who could walk into any 7/11 and come back to my hotel and within 5 minutes construct a yaba ice pipe...much to my surprise.
I learned the important rule that in Thailand you paid girls TO LEAVE...not to stay...
Nothing like having the shits in a squat toilet that is 50C and being over 60...
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Sir Stephen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:34 pm Riverside have so many minimarts already. Funny names like Panda, Kiwi, Smile.. :chin:
I think 711 aka 7-Eleven tops all of these with the offerings... i just miss those neon lights and the open 24/7 show up 3am on Tuesday vibe and the microwave to heat things up for you... did i mention the plastic spoons?

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Matty9999 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:54 pm
Sir Stephen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:34 pm Riverside have so many minimarts already. Funny names like Panda, Kiwi, Smile.. :chin:
I think 711 aka 7-Eleven tops all of these with the offerings... i just miss those neon lights and the open 24/7 show up 3am on Tuesday vibe and the microwave to heat things up for you... did i mention the plastic spoons?

Umm, plastic spoons are so yesterday ? :facepalm:
BillDoe
BANNED
United States of America

Post by BillDoe »

Has it opened yet? I could go for a slurpee
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

might have to wait a bit for a slurpee

7-Eleven launch here reset for year end or early 2023
The stores in Thailand serve as one-stop destinations for beverages, snacks, ready-to-eat meals, cosmetics, household goods, financial services such as banking and bill payments, digital technology and delivery – all of which the company plans to replicate for Cambodian customers.

In Cambodia, 7-Eleven stores will compete with existing convenience stores such as local Smile Mini Marts and US-Canadian franchise Circle K, Kiwimart, Aeon MaxValu Express and Lucky Express.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50921726/7 ... PHmPDereb8
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I question how successful 7-11 will be in Cambodia. I'm not sure there's enough of the general populous geared towards mini-mart shopping to make it work. As someone else said, many Circle K's have gone bust recently, and whenever I go into most mini-marts, they're usually practically empty, unless they're in a place with a high foreigner count. Cambodia isn't Thailand. There's a very different food mentality here, especially when it comes to buying the kinds of things available in mini-marts and 7-11's. For a lot of Khmers, snacks and drinks are things you buy from roadside stalls, not convenience stores.

But let's see....
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I read that the asking rent for the old Circle K unit on the corner of Riverside and 130 is $4000 per month.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

IMHO, the PP commercial real estate market needs a bit of creative destruction. If rents don't come down, more and more units will become empty and a vicious downward spiral will set in as entire streets atrophy.
But as the freeholders are generally not mortgaged, they will not be be destroyed by the lack of rent.
And freehod prices will hold up because the freeholds are used as a store of value by the wealthy.
If all the rents were reduced by half, the process of re-energising could begin and get things going again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic