Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Post by Electric Earth »

After some internet searching, it Seems like I should be fine to go through the Philippines. US passport, but haven't been there in months. I'm hesitant to book a flight right now without knowing for sure. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any different info, or could provide any confirmation on this. Maybe any websites you know of with definitive information?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Post by Bluenose »

To? From?
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Looking to fly through the Philippines. Anyone know about transit flight restrictions?

Post by Clemen »

Well, they're currently closed, theoretically opening again in a few days. My magic 8 ball says "ask again later".
up to you...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

PHILIPPINES - published 04.05.2020
Airports in Philippines are closed.
- This does not apply to repatriation, medical and emergency flights.
This site is updated daily when there are any changes: https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/intern ... 226297.htm
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Bluenose wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 amFrom?
From Cambodia.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Clemen wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:57 am Well, they're currently closed, theoretically opening again in a few days. My magic 8 ball says "ask again later".
That explains why there are no flights available through there in the next week. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll wait to book until they're open again, or find a different route.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Everything is too fluid right now, iirc they closed on Monday of this week, with little warning. But said they would reopen on the weekend. Who knows?
This doesn't mention transit, but another article I read said that was suspended as well.
"Passenger flights will be suspended until May 9. Cargo and maintenance flights, as well as those carrying medical supplies and other necessities, will be allowed to continue, the Manila International Airport Authority said on its Facebook account."
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... d-lockdown
up to you...
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Electric Earth wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:32 am
Bluenose wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:37 amFrom?
From Cambodia.
Don't know your situation but BR549 seems happy hes in Cambodia, Id prefer to be there also than stuck in Aus , try make yourself comfortable it could be another month or three before anyone's going anywhere sadly
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

I certainly don't mind being in Cambodia. I like it here and would stay if I could. Unfortunately I don't see any possibility for work. My experience is in restaurant management and teaching ESL. Neither of those industries are thriving at the moment.... I don't want to end up broke and having to rely on the support of family and friends. It's best I get going back to the US in the next month or two so I can get a job.

If anyone has any ideas or leads on jobs(other than teaching online), I'm certainly open to hearing it.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

No jobs in the US either. Record unemployment.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic