Hack Brief: An Adult Cam Site Exposed 10.88 Billion Records

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Hack Brief: An Adult Cam Site Exposed 10.88 Billion Records

Post by techietraveller84 »

I never understood how people involved in adult themed live-streaming could get over the creepiness of knowing their parents, siblings or teachers could stumble upon their online activity.

This massive records exposure could make it a lot easier for that creepy uncle to do his thing. Ew.

"It’s all too common for companies to leave databases chock full of sensitive information exposed to the great wide internet. But when that company operates an adult livestreaming service, and that data comprises 7 terabytes of names, sexual orientations, payment logs, and email and chat transcripts—across 10.88 billion records in all—the stakes are a bit higher."

https://www.wired.com/story/cam4-adult- ... -leak-7tb/
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Hack Brief: An Adult Cam Site Exposed 10.88 Billion Records

Post by Clemen »

To be fair, it was uncovered by security researchers and "First of all, very important distinction here: There’s no evidence that CAM4 was hacked, or that the database was accessed by malicious actors. That doesn’t mean it wasn’t, but this is not an Ashley Madison–style meltdown. "
Still, it's garbage, until there are laws with actual teeth to them this crap will continue.
up to you...
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Hack Brief: An Adult Cam Site Exposed 10.88 Billion Records

Post by techietraveller84 »

Still though, if I was doing some live streaming as a part time gig, and trying to maintain a professional/respectable/filial appearance for my life in general, reading that bit of news would freak me out. Though there's no proof that info was obtained by 3rd parties, the possibilities are endless!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic