Brit with "Shitty Plaits" on Street 172 Accused of Stealing Phone from Woman

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jae
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Brit with "Shitty Plaits" on Street 172 Accused of Stealing Phone from Woman

Post by jae »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:08 pm
jae wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:39 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:19 am
Alex wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:14 pm
jae wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:27 pm

thanking you and yeah but we will do our utmost to try and get to the bottom of things as things are just not adding up
Truth to be told, he could have died in at least a dozen ways, from one day to the next, and none of them would have surprised me. Once someone has reached the level that has been documented in this thread, a happy ending is very unlikely.
True. Reaching ejaculation often becomes an issue for habitual drug users.
keep your opinion to yourself right about now and have some respect for his daughter that is reading all these threads right about now
Unfortunately death doesn't exonerate one's deeds in life. However I apologise if you feel I have been insensitive. Sorry for your loss. rip
do not let your tounge mention someones faults as everyone is full of faults. and people have tounges to
jae
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: Brit with "Shitty Plaits" on Street 172 Accused of Stealing Phone from Woman

Post by jae »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 am
jae wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:56 am
was a simple email with no company logo nothing so questioned it turns out that it was from yim undertakers who just went and removed his body from hospital and now demanding all these fees to release him to a legitimate undertaker out there. embassy not being much help tbh either
I hate to say this, but it sounds like you are being scammed. Deaths of foreigners in Cambodia are widely reported in local media, there has been nothing about this guys death. The Embassy would have contacted you to advise you of your brothers death and necessary steps required. How would a Cambodian Undertakers get your email address???

This all screams "SCAM"
no scam im afraid we have the pictures of him laid up in the morgue
jae
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by jae »

it did seem like a scam at first but we are in touch with a known undertakers now by the hospital and are in contact with the embassy
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Yes but lets not inhibit ones tongue with of bullshit, it is what it is.
Condolences :hattip:
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

I personally know of a few foreigners who have passed away here with no mention on any source I could find. Just this year, one at Calmette and one at the Russian hospital.
I’d say it was legitimate.
I’m sorry for your loss
up to you...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

jae wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:56 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:21 am
jae wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:56 am
was a simple email with no company logo nothing so questioned it turns out that it was from yim undertakers who just went and removed his body from hospital and now demanding all these fees to release him to a legitimate undertaker out there. embassy not being much help tbh either
I hate to say this, but it sounds like you are being scammed. Deaths of foreigners in Cambodia are widely reported in local media, there has been nothing about this guys death. The Embassy would have contacted you to advise you of your brothers death and necessary steps required. How would a Cambodian Undertakers get your email address???

This all screams "SCAM"
no scam im afraid we have the pictures of him laid up in the morgue
Sorry for your loss.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

RIP Dollah, CONDOLENCES

Post by bossho »

[quote=jae post_id=448861 time=1601565670 user_id=19994]
[quote=bossho post_id=418714 time=1588534228 user_id=17057]
thats Dullah, if you really wanted him you can get him, hes prone to double play on play and extortion, murder threats etc - i d PM you here but I cannot PM anyone here and for some godforsaken reason, you just never do know until you sorta kinda know what happened, do you? I did send you a fbook message regarding this since he is on my radar for greater offenses, but petty theft is annoying and arseholish so I am sorry this may/may have not actually happened to you. [/quote]
on you radar yeah for greater things sounds like you most defo had a motive and was looking for him and kinda funny he has now turned up dead
explain yourself please
[/quote]

Hello Jae and all family and friends of the deceased, I am very sorry for the loss of Dollah. Please understand that Dollah and I had some time to peacefully work out our differences and share some beers and many laughs when we patched up some misunderstandings between us. This quote of mine above was written in May and i suspected Dollah was behind some really nasty stuff - and he was not. A lot of people have said things about Dollah and none of them should really matter to you as his loved ones. You will have your memories of the best days with him and those are the ones you can nurture along through your own lives now. No sense holding onto the less favorable memories. I knew Dollah much better once we were at odds and then gained a friendlier stance over time and one thing no one can say about him is that he lacked courage. He was filled to the brim with the stuff of heroes and I know that, given a few breaks and different circumstances in Dollah's life, he would been remembered as ONLY a man of righteous deeds. He refused to be hungry long, and he helped himself at times. There were no dull moments around him and he had balls of steel and charged straight ahead at his life. His South London patois will be missed here. Remember him well.
RandyN
BANNED

Re: RIP Dollah, CONDOLENCES

Post by RandyN »

bossho wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm thats Dullah, if you really wanted him you can get him, hes prone to double play on play and extortion, murder threats etc
bossho wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm and one thing no one can say about him is that he lacked courage. He was filled to the brim with the stuff of heroes and I know that, given a few breaks and different circumstances in Dollah's life, he would been remembered as ONLY a man of righteous deeds.

WTF?

Why did you accuse him of extortion and murder threats if you're now saying he was "filled to the brim with the stuff of heroes " and "ONLY a man of righteous deeds."

This is strange.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

RandyN wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:36 pm
bossho wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm thats Dullah, if you really wanted him you can get him, hes prone to double play on play and extortion, murder threats etc
bossho wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm and one thing no one can say about him is that he lacked courage. He was filled to the brim with the stuff of heroes and I know that, given a few breaks and different circumstances in Dollah's life, he would been remembered as ONLY a man of righteous deeds.

WTF?

Why did you accuse him of extortion and murder threats if you're now saying he was "filled to the brim with the stuff of heroes " and "ONLY a man of righteous deeds."

This is strange.
Why? Obvious answer:

virtue signalling

noun: virtue signaling
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's own good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

bossho wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 pm Given a few breaks and different circumstances in Dollah's life, he would been remembered as ONLY a man of righteous deeds. He refused to be hungry long, and he helped himself at times. There were no dull moments around him and he had balls of steel and charged straight ahead at his life. His South London patois will be missed here. Remember him well.
That's quite an odd take if it's in regard to him stealing from marts & getting his mug shot on the door of these places. 'Dollah' surely changed his nickname at some point in the last year through embarrassment though, the irony wouldn't have been lost on even him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic