American Teacher Arrested After Attack on Tuktuk in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

American Teacher Arrested After Attack on Tuktuk in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Siem Reap: At 9:00 am, on 2 May 2020, a foreign man was arrested for intentional violence against a tuktuk which was parked in front of his house in Trapeang Village, behind the market in Siem Reap. The victim was named as Thantim, a 58 year old Cambodian tuktuk driver, living at Mondul 3 village, Siem Reap.
The attacker is reported to be a US citizen, a 54-year-old English teacher from California, Jah-Juan De la Cruz. He is alleged to have attacked the tuktuk and smashed the wing mirrors. According to Brigadier General Chea Kim Sann, Deputy Commissioner at Immigration: “The intentional violence was triggered by the victim's motorbike (tuktuk) parked in front of the foreigners' house, and this foreigner has repeatedly insulted him".
The US man has been detained by the Siem Reap Provincial Court for the preparation of his case.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American Teacher Arrested After Attack on Tuktuk in Siem Reap

Post by Lost50 »

Wow....things really got out of Juan......d.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

From the current thread on tuktuk drivers, it seems universal that they are slimy and the same can be said for any taxi driver world wide, but no need to resort to violence. They should whack that American teacher's peepee! Cool name though, Jah-Juan. Sort of a Rastafarian meets Latino!
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Gonna look good on the CV "arrested for intentional violence against a tuktuk"
Hey Roz, how would you spin that to make it better?
up to you...
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Clemen wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:05 pm Hey Roz, how would you spin that to make it better?
He did what we all want to do
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Of course, but no need to resort to violence. I just ignore them. But if ya really wanna get back at them tuktuk dudes, put some E coli in their rice.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm
Clemen wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:05 pm Hey Roz, how would you spin that to make it better?
Fair enough, but some people would then think, "should I give this guy $20, or wait to get arrested?"
up to you...
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Clemen wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:13 pm
Captain Bonez wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:08 pm
Fair enough, but some people would then think, "should I give this guy $20, or wait to get arrested?"
Knock him out, tell him he had a case of wind and landed on his face
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

They continually blocked my place....threw their cigarrette butts, wrappers, beer cans and pissed on my plants all the time. When I started watering my balcony plants and the water would drip down onto their tuk tuks and motos they petroled my plants about a week later.
Very hard to win as a foreigner here.
Patcan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Patcan »

My neighbour opened a noodle shop and I rented the front area to him.... So no real worries any more except I have to throw 3 buckets of soapy water a day in front because he never cleans the grease and dirt away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic