Are there any dating sites/apps in Cambodia?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Are there any dating sites/apps in Cambodia?

Post by newkidontheblock »

Times are changing.

Even in missus’ village, men and women are having affairs, one night stands, etc., left and right. So much so that brother in law worries that older sister will do so. Because every man who comes to the store seems to be on a flirting mission.

Older brother has occupied the bunker and turned it into his ‘studio’ to troll for girls on Facebook, claiming the entire place is ‘his’. The guy will drive for hours across the country to sleep with a ‘virgin’ he met on Facebook.

Of course to get them, one needs to be semi-fluent in Khmer, and know how to use Facebook and Messenger.

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:15 am Times are changing.

Even in missus’ village, men and women are having affairs, one night stands, etc., left and right. So much so that brother in law worries that older sister will do so. Because every man who comes to the store seems to be on a flirting mission.

Older brother has occupied the bunker and turned it into his ‘studio’ to troll for girls on Facebook, claiming the entire place is ‘his’. The guy will drive for hours across the country to sleep with a ‘virgin’ he met on Facebook.

Of course to get them, one needs to be semi-fluent in Khmer, and know how to use Facebook and Messenger.
I hate to say this NKOTB, but you must be aware by now that bad news in Cambodia is often passed on as general news - like "I heard that some women are unfaithful". Normally, this message has some meaning.
I hope that it doesn't matter too much for you. You love your wife, but you are far away and you want her to be happy. If she's happy, you are happy, right ?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I’m very happy. Thanks for the concern, Anchor Moy.

Missus’ friend came from the village to visit Phnom Penh and unloaded hours worth of affairs, one night stands, etc, going on in the village, involving what sounded like everyone. Her ears almost fell off her head.

This was then followed up a few days later from a from a call from missus’ brother in law. Which almost echoed the same thing, with concerns about his wife falling into the spell of a customers. Of course missus’ older sister is taking care of 4 kids of her own, 3 kids from younger sister, father, and other family members floating in and out, in addition to running the store, and tending to various ‘lands’ and ‘house’ in the village.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

lbg0411 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 pm a lot of asians are usually conservative.
Not my experience. In Japan, most girls I dated put out on the first date. Def by second.

My theories:
1. I am insanely attractive.
2. The Japanese girls I met were bored/crazy/slutty.
3. Fun combo of above.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 pm
lbg0411 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 pm a lot of asians are usually conservative.
Not my experience. In Japan, most girls I dated put out on the first date. Def by second.

My theories:
1. I am insanely attractive.
2. The Japanese girls I met were bored/crazy/slutty.
3. Fun combo of above.
4. Girls that would date a foreigner are already predisposed to throw caution into the wind.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

5. you paid them
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

LIVIDZX wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 pm
Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm doh!
they're hookers

she expected you to pay
but was ashamed to ask, when you didn't
the contact details are for when the penny drops and you want to make good
No, they weren't - you'd know that if you knew them at all/had their FB's and saw what sort of jobs they do. My story may paint that picture to you but they weren't - I've been here on and off for 8 years, I know the difference. FWIW I asked for her Facebook, she was just gonna leave - like I say ashamed and probably didn't wanna be seen doing the walk of shame by anyone. I've even contacted her when she was sober asking if she would like to come back over anytime but she said no and she hasn't mentioned money in 18 months since it happened... very odd hooker strategy that. Maybe it was an awful performance from me? Who knows but she was clearly not a hooker and obviously did something irresponsible hence the shame.
From my experience even they have good paid job or boyfriend abroad who send her money every month they just want more money. They are not asking for money, but if you don"t pay, they wont come back.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Chuck Borris wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:37 pm They are not asking for money, but if you don"t pay, they wont come back.
Who cares? That's why it's called a one night stand.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:15 am Older brother has occupied the bunker and turned it into his ‘studio’ to troll for girls on Facebook, claiming the entire place is ‘his’. The guy will drive for hours across the country to sleep with a ‘virgin’ he met on Facebook.
If he does it often enough, and gets the wrong girl, there might be consequences. For example, her brothers may beat him up. Or maybe worse.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

scott61 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:07 pm 5. you paid them
In Japan? No. I save that for SE Asia.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic