Are there any dating sites/apps in Cambodia?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
BiggieBig
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Are there any dating sites/apps in Cambodia?

Post by BiggieBig »

Yeah wrong word . What are the middle and upper class areas to hang out in PP or SR?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

BiggieBig wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 am Yeah i dont do bar girls, and only go to the girlie bars if i have friends in town. I can't remember the last time i needed to pay for sex.
Definitely enjoy chatting with normal women, its worked out well and can get a relationship or a hook up easily.
The thing is here you’d have to marry to do more than chatting. Or swallow your pride and pay the bar girl. I exaggerate but only a little bit.
BiggieBig
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BiggieBig »

hunter8 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:22 pm
BiggieBig wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:18 am Yeah i dont do bar girls, and only go to the girlie bars if i have friends in town. I can't remember the last time i needed to pay for sex.
Definitely enjoy chatting with normal women, its worked out well and can get a relationship or a hook up easily.
The thing is here you’d have to marry to do more than chatting. Or swallow your pride and pay the bar girl. I exaggerate but only a little bit.
Woah woah woah. What? Khmer women staying celibate? By the third date if i havent sealed the deal i move on with my life usually. Please do tell me more about your statement!
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

BiggieBig wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:28 pm Woah woah woah. What? Khmer women staying celibate? By the third date if i havent sealed the deal i move on with my life usually. Please do tell me more about your statement!
Yes, you will have to move on with your life a lot here. Well if you are into more mature girls, 30+ yo, odds are higher, but why bother? You can get a much more pleasant experience in the nightlife area, and after all expenses probably cheaper too.
orussey98
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by orussey98 »

Where do the middle and upper class Cambodian women reside? I dated plenty of hi-so women in Thailand and almost every one of them was very materialistic and/or narcisstic. I couldnt stand it

Are Cambodian women like this?
You won't need to "do bar girls".
Women are women as men are men. It's all the same everywhere.

There are plenty of young women who are open for a drink/hook up if that's what you are looking for. You can find them on dating app or just in club where they know white (if you are)/tourists go out.

If you want a girlfriend, same same as everywhere else. If she doesn't sleep with you the first/second date don't bother. Or you will end en up with the "very materialistic and/or narcisstic" type.
lbg0411
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by lbg0411 »

orussey98 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:58 pm

Where do the middle and upper class Cambodian women reside? I dated plenty of hi-so women in Thailand and almost every one of them was very materialistic and/or narcisstic. I couldnt stand it

Are Cambodian women like this?
You won't need to "do bar girls".
Women are women as men are men. It's all the same everywhere.

There are plenty of young women who are open for a drink/hook up if that's what you are looking for. You can find them on dating app or just in club where they know white (if you are)/tourists go out.

If you want a girlfriend, same same as everywhere else. If she doesn't sleep with you the first/second date don't bother. Or you will end en up with the "very materialistic and/or narcisstic" type.
Eh you might have a bit of a problem since a lot of asians are usually conservative. If not the woman herself then her family will most likely be🤷‍♀️.
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

I met one of my ex's on Badoo, and another on DIA and both were very nice non-bar girls but this was about 8 years ago.. Nowadays I heard Badoo in particular is full of hookers/LB's... and DIA only ever had a handful of Khmer girls on it even back then. Not too sure about Tinder.

I'm in a relationship now, but when single and looking for ONS's with non-hookers I used to get smashed around the bars, then go to a Khmer majority club (Sound Club usually which is closed atm because of COVID) around 1am - with a friend/friends is less awkward obviously but I've been on my own and you usually get invited over by a group and you & everyone is smashed so who cares for awkwardness. The girls start to let loose and aren't so conservative by the late time you've gotten there.

Last time I walked in, I'd barely made it to the bar and a girl eye'd me up while walking past back from the toilet and invited me to drink with her & friend. We played drinking games till closure and turns out the friend was much hotter. After a while and 2-3 more double vodka's & plenty of Jagers down us we started holding hands/making out etc which already must have been an awkward sight for most given they are all locals but as said it doesn't cross your mind at the time, when it closed she was willing to come back with me and we did the deed & she stayed the night with me like any western girl would back home... I could tell in the morning when sober she was ashamed of her actions & by what she had done as she went all quiet, gave me her contact details then left.

So that's my advice, go to a club full of Khmers only (a couple of barangs is fine) when the girls are very drunk, it's a bit creepy taking advantage of their drunkenness but on this occasion I was just as drunk and the girl had every chance to go back home in a tuk tuk with the original friend (The one who invited me over), and who I felt really bad for at this point as she had to go home alone and was clearly jealous and angry. (I'm average looking) which shows how easy this method is; but hotter girl insisted on coming with me so nothing was forced and it was all of her own freewill before any rapey accusations start to surface.

So that's my advice/plan of action these days for non hookers. GL op. Without alcohol inside them it's near impossible to find a ONS without paying, and if you do manage to find one its likely one of those types that hang around with foreigners all the time and have probably seen as much cock as the hookers just never get paid for it.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

doh!
they're low-key hookers

she expected you to pay
but was ashamed to ask, when you didn't
the contact details are for when the penny drops and you want to make good

monstra mihi bona!
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 pm doh!
they're hookers

she expected you to pay
but was ashamed to ask, when you didn't
the contact details are for when the penny drops and you want to make good
No, they weren't - you'd know that if you knew them at all/had their FB's and saw what sort of jobs they do. My story may paint that picture to you but they weren't - I've been here on and off for 8 years, I know the difference. FWIW I asked for her Facebook, she was just gonna leave - like I say ashamed and probably didn't wanna be seen doing the walk of shame by anyone. I've even contacted her when she was sober asking if she would like to come back over anytime but she said no and she hasn't mentioned money in 18 months since it happened... very odd hooker strategy that. Maybe it was an awful performance from me? Who knows but she was clearly not a hooker and obviously did something irresponsible hence the shame.
Last edited by LIVIDZX on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

yeah, yeah
they're khmer 'good time girls'
aka, or may as well be, hookers

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic