When To Book Flights To Thailand?

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: When To Book Flights To Thailand?

Post by Doc67 »

Arget wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:10 pm You would most probably be denied travel insurance if you got crook as well so it would be a risky and possibly expensive trip. We all know insurance companies will use any excuse to refuse a payout so anything that could be refused would be.
For the UK, it is accepted that as long as the official government (FCO) travel advice is "all but essential international travel should be avoided" , all travel insurance, either new or existing, is void. I don't know what % of people that would exclude on the grounds of caution but I would think it is well north of 50%.

Of course, for someone "desperate" like me (@theKid) I would happily board a plane with a family of nervous skunks seated in my aisle, or, even, an Air India flight (with Pakistani pilots).
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

That's some losses and debt pile...

Thai Airways logged losses of 12 billion baht ($374.3 million) in 2019, 11.6 billion baht ($361.9 million) in 2018 and 2.11 billion baht ($65.8 million) in 2017.

Thai media reports say it is carrying a debt burden of almost 300 billion baht ($9.4 billion).
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

There goes your vouchers for cancelled flights,wonder which airline will be next.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Dunderhead wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 pm Thanks for the update, Air Asia is doing their best to stay alive financially but selling tickets on flights they know are very likely never happening and then offering coupons instead of refunds is pretty dodgy. Buyer beware.
Currently AirAsia are selling return flights Melbourne to Bangkok for around $400
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

lagrange wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:33 pm
Dunderhead wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 pm Thanks for the update, Air Asia is doing their best to stay alive financially but selling tickets on flights they know are very likely never happening and then offering coupons instead of refunds is pretty dodgy. Buyer beware.
Currently AirAsia are selling return flights Melbourne to Bangkok for around $400
The price kind of tells it all, doesn't it?
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

I got interrupted....I was going to add that at those prices it might be worth a gamble since the price will certainly go up later
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

lagrange wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:53 pm
I got interrupted....I was going to add that at those prices it might be worth a gamble since the price will certainly go up later
In which case your voucher will be very helpful towards the new payment.

On the other hand, if Air Asia goes bust in the mean time......

What's it going to be, red or black?
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Kammekor wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:55 pm
lagrange wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:53 pm
In which case your voucher will be very helpful towards the new payment.

On the other hand, if Air Asia goes bust in the mean time......

What's it going to be, red or black?

if Air Asia cheap flights they should bounce back pretty quickly... soon as I know I can travel I'll be on their site trying to book something.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Doc67 wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 1:40 pm ....

For the UK, it is accepted that as long as the official government (FCO) travel advice is "all but essential international travel should be avoided" , all travel insurance, either new or existing, is void. I don't know what % of people that would exclude on the grounds of caution but I would think it is well north of 50%.

some countries like Serbia are requiring domestic health insurance to provide extensions visas to people who were stranded by the pandemic.

and if Thailand and Cambodia are requiring that incoming foreigners have 100,000 and 50,000 health insurance respectively, then there would seem to be a contradiction here, if the insurance companies will not honor such policies. (Governments impose all sorts of rules oblivious of whether they are possible or not.)

An international health insurance policy is available for about 150 euros depending on one's age from a company called Dunav Insurance Company in Serbia.

What I am wondering is, if one comes into KOW with a health insurance policy, can it be used to pay for this "treatment" the Cambodians are requiring we pay for.
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic