News on Trump's Speech.

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: News on Trump's Speech.

Post by Electric Earth »

WildA wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 pmRedneck? Gullible? Bet ya wouldnt have the cojones to say that to a Trump supporters face. Ah, the safety of the internet....
WildA wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 pm Don't see any violence being threatened except from your ilk.
A comment about someone not having the cojones to "say it to your face" sure sounds like a physical threat to me. I think it would in most people's view.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
MikeD
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by MikeD »

hanno wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:00 am
MikeD wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:36 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:40 am I just can't wait until Joe Biden wins and fixes everything. If he were president now, the US would have zero Coronavirus deaths.
If you remember, history will repeat. Obama became president during the 2007/2008 financial crisis.

The C19 started in China. If China had been better to the world, the first case would have been announced much earlier, like in Dec 2009, and air travel to/from China should have been shutdown immediately in order to contain the initial spread. But that didnt happen as we know it.
Agreed, it would have been amazing if air travel had been shut down 10 years before the actual outbreak...
2019. Nice catch. And no the virus did not originate from the Wuhan lab, according Dr. Fauci and the 5I's.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

WildA wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:53 amMake you jealous then? you probably never see Trump supporters starting topics like How Much Money Do I really Need to live in Cambodia. Nor do you see them in handcuffs and dreadlocks. Or whinging about an extra 25 cents on a beer, or the stegnth of the pound or the Aussie dollar.
Well statistically speaking, trump supporters are lower educated and lower income when you take out the wealthy that throw off the statistics. You can have 19 people making $1 and one guy making $20. The average is they all make $1.95, but obviously they aren't all making that. Basically he gets the people with money and the southern and rural folk with less money. The southern and rural outnumber the rich. Generally speaking, his supporters aren't wealthy. It follows the same basic flow of every republican vs. democrat supporter. You have a smaller percentage of rich, and a lot of lower income people. Unfortunately both parties consist of more low income people than they used to, as incomes in general aren't as high compared to the cost of living.

But that doesn't really matter in Cambodia. You won't see people starting threads like that because, as pointed out, most of the Trump supporters here are retired. They aren't worried about being able to afford to live here because retirement is going to pay you at least $1,000/month. At that point, you can live perfectly comfortably here. And going to jail? Again, a bunch of retired people. Of course this is all not counting the recent Mish thread of an avid Trump supporter who couldn't pay his bill and ended up in handcuffs... As for the bar tab, you wouldn't believe how many old expat Trump grumps I dealt with in my short time bar-tending here, who would bitch about a happy hour beer. But I've dealt with that from plenty of cheap bastards from all walks of life. That's just part of bar-tending...
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

WildA wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:53 am Nor do you see them in handcuffs and dreadlocks.
Who did you see in dreadlocks and handcuffs? More lies.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Electric Earth wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:20 am
WildA wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 pmRedneck? Gullible? Bet ya wouldnt have the cojones to say that to a Trump supporters face. Ah, the safety of the internet....
WildA wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 pm Don't see any violence being threatened except from your ilk.
A comment about someone not having the cojones to "say it to your face" sure sounds like a physical threat to me. I think it would in most people's view.
You suffer from Trump Derangement Reading Comprehension. Read it again.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

WildA wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 4:06 pm You suffer from Trump Derangement Reading Comprehension. Read it again.
Again, the whole "bet you wouldn't say it to my face" attitude. Going on about "cojones". Implying that if not for the internet, the person saying it wouldn't be safe. Seems pretty clear that you're implying that you'd "do something about it" if the person saying it said it to you in person. Or at least that "a trump supporter" would. Beat around the bush however you'd like.
Last edited by Electric Earth on Thu May 07, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

look at any trump rally to see those that support him

Than add in the rich that are making $$ off of him being president

The MOST Un-presidential president ever and a disgrace to America

and i will say t to Anyone's face :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

hanno wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 4:58 amI really think you are going to the wrong bars. I do not go out much when in SR but, luckily, I never run into any of those rednecks when I do.
I don't usually go to expat bars. I tend more toward restaurants with good food or cocktail bars. I can drink beer and eat cheap food at home. But whenever I do wander into an expat bar, I end up overhearing a bunch of radical right-wing political nonsense.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:50 am look at any trump rally to see those that support him

Yeah but to the folks that count, nothing you say is worth even listening too.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

WildA wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:53 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:50 am look at any trump rally to see those that support him

Yeah but to the folks that count, nothing you say is worth even listening too.
You should meet up with that BR fella as you are both in the same town. Have a good old boy chat about guns and shooting people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic