Vietnam War vs Covid-19

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Vietnam War vs Covid-19

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

[Mod edit: resurrected posts from another topic: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War.]

One thing for sure
We know who lost both both battles from sheer incompetence.

Let us just pray that they don't bumble the next challenge -
ie, matching China - not in a another stupid tragic war, but in simply getting it's own act together.

I honestly wish them well in this endevour, USA still has the potential to be "leader of the free world" and personally i reckon all of us, especially around the Asia Pacific region will be sunk if we don;t find a way to pull off a serious challenge to China's rapidly rising dominance.
That is the reason why i am sometimes so critical of US actions - I really want to support this effort but so far i can see no smart response being mounted.

For Gods sake, even right now - WE (the West) are still letting Chinese spies and PhD students crawl all over our technical advantage.
We are still allowing OUR multinationals to subvert our commercial and manufacturing sectors.
We still have no long term vision of what we want and how we are going to do it.
We still have very little effective engagement with ASEAN and other asian and pacific countries - certainly not enough to give them confidence that we are a better bet than China when it comes to who will win this contest.
We are still obsessed solely with buying as much useless plastic throw-away crap as we can - from China.

Come on USA - please. Give us some real hope and I am sure we will all jump on board.
As it stands, i can tell you Australia for one, is hedging its bets. They certainly ain't going to throw its chips in with USA if they see things continuing this way - cos they firmly believe China will win hands down as it stands.
Wise up and give us some hope - pleeeease.
Not another Vietnam or Cv tragic disaster.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by fazur »

WildA wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:23 pmIt's a meaningless statistic except it's to the point that China owes us for 58000 dead citizens. my kid lives and works in Shanghai, and I told her I would give her notice before we dropped smart bombs in her neighborhood.
WildA, agree 100%, if responsible, they must pay

just as soon as u pay for the dead civilians in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos and all the others

or is justice selective?

but that would sound like some commie idea, yes?

ur govt bears responsibility for its total disorg approach
finish_money
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by finish_money »

I think we’re all fucked

Video of the fun guy above:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/12 ... ekdH9N.mp4
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Duncan wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:44 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:33 pm In a month or so the cost of this epidemic will be higher than the cost of the Vietnam war too.

Lets deduct the costs of bombs dropped on Lao and Cambodia and revise those Vietnam war costs.
But the Bomb making created jobs, people paid tax spent their wages and grew the economy :stir:
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

fazur wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:03 pm
WildA wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:23 pmIt's a meaningless statistic except it's to the point that China owes us for 58000 dead citizens. my kid lives and works in Shanghai, and I told her I would give her notice before we dropped smart bombs in her neighborhood.
WildA, agree 100%, if responsible, they must pay

just as soon as u pay for the dead civilians in Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos and all the others

or is justice selective?

but that would sound like some commie idea, yes?

ur govt bears responsibility for its total disorg approach
Naw we arent paying for colateral damage during a war other than the millions of dollars we give to those countries. Thats what we do, we throw maoney into countries. But what disorg approach are you talking about anyway?
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

WildA wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:12 pmNaw we arent paying for colateral damage during a illegal war other than the millions of dollars we give to those countries. Thats what we do, we throw maoney into countries. But what disorg approach are you talking about anyway?
ftfy

yeah, make war to give people money

i guess thats logic in G1 :lol:
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by WildA »

fazur wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:51 am
WildA wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 6:12 pmNaw we arent paying for colateral damage during a illegal war other than the millions of dollars we give to those countries. Thats what we do, we throw maoney into countries. But what disorg approach are you talking about anyway?
ftfy

yeah, make war to give people money

i guess thats logic in G1 :lol:
Yo there dude from little meaningless country safely hiding under the American umbrella...war is politics by other means, and a war is only illegal if we say it is. I guess thats reality, while you play schoolboy internet screeching games safe on the US tit. Mmmmmmpf, you are so bad, mmmmmpf gobble gobble.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

meaningless but meaningful enough for ur airbase

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A6rnes_Air_Station

im part of the movement to remove it, it will happen, :)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does responsibility for collateral damage from the Wuhan virus compare with other wars such as the Vietnam war?

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I thought it better to start a new, separate topic here from some interesting earlier posts...carry on.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Does responsibility for collateral damage from the Wuhan virus compare with other wars such as the Vietnam war?

Post by Duncan »

Let me give my view.,,,, and firstly I am not on China's side, but China has no need to fire one shot to win the next war cause it will be a '' financial war ''. . Look at all the vital supplies that are needed to run a country,,, that are MADE IN CHINA .

My opinion only ,,, the USA is bankrupt, badly run, cannot pay it's debts without printing more money , will not pay it's debts cause they believe it's not wrong to have a debt and owe money, It's good to have a gun to shoot someone before they shoot you, and to top it all off Americans are sore looser's. On the other hand there are great Americans and do have really good country music

The USA dollar is overpriced which allows Americans to buy what they want from other [ undeveloped ] countries instead of producing it themselves and giving American workers jobs. Australia is no better..

Rant over.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic