Swiss Expat Markus Zahner Dies Following Dispute Over Dog Fight with Khmer-American

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Swiss Expat Markus Zahner Dies Following Dispute Over Dog Fight with Khmer-American

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 8:36 pm
It would appear that the victim “striking his head on a rock” after falling over (admittedly after being struck by the Khmer guy) caused the fatal injury, I’m no expert, but I don’t believe that anyone can throw a punch with the certainty that the recipient of that punch will fall in a certain way/ direction that will guarantee causing death (Your thoughts on this point Jamie Lambo?)
How many members have ever thrown a punch in self defense or anger? (I suspect quite a few will have at one time or another) Those who have can consider themselves fortunate that nobody died as a result, because the reality is that that one punch could end in the same result as in this case.
nope no certainty, and its very dangerous, been in more bar fights than i could ever begin to remember, and many mornings after once sobered up fucking relieved no one was seriously hurt,
if you knock someone out cold they wont put their arms out to cushion their fall, that alone is enough to cause some serious damage, being hit and taking a tumble and banging their head on something on the way down, can be just as bad, a blow hard enough to cause internal bleeding to the brain, victim will end up in a coma, will either wake up severely brain damaged or dead, ive lost an uncle and a friend through this, neither pulled out of their comas after a blow to the head
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Swiss Expat Markus Zahner Dies Following Dispute Over Dog Fight with Khmer-American

Post by General Mackevili »

Yep. I lost a buddy many years ago from a punch to the face. He was young and fit. He was in an altercation outside of a bar and the guy hit him. The punch didn't do much, but when he fell his head hit the curb. Died soon after and the guy was charged with involuntary manslaughter and even ordered to pay the family of my friend over $20,000. Sentenced a year in prison.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:27 am Yep. I lost a buddy many years ago from a punch to the face. He was young and fit. He was in an altercation outside of a bar and the guy hit him. The punch didn't do much, but when he fell his head hit the curb. Died soon after and the guy was charged with involuntary manslaughter and even ordered to pay the family of my friend over $20,000. Sentenced a year in prison.
In1983 a mate of mine hit the kerb after being punched a sickening site that stopped the brawl, lucky he was ok , can still see it clear as anything all these years later
Swallow your pride and walk away from any altercations , the next day nobody cares anyway
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Maybe Frizzie is brain damaged after being hit very hard in the face due to being an asshole. I could see that happening.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Happier days

The 7-day ceremony for the decease of Markus Zahner was held today. RIP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I never knew him but it is a horrible and tragic story

RIP Markus and I hope you at peace now

One life lost and several forever changed for the worse. No one involved will come out of this tragedy for the better regardless of their innocence or guilt
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

RIP to Markus and condolences to his wife and family.

It bothers me that an age difference between couples makes the woman an automatic ‘gold digger’ by some. If the woman had been Celine Dion, would some members of CEO consider still her a gold digger because she was so much younger than her husband? Love just is.

Also the sympathy for the returned Khmer thug. Some members implied that he was simply a thug gangbanger, gone to prison, just because as a coincidence of his birth place. He chose to be a thug, to have scary tattoos on his body, to join gangs, to commit crimes that led prison, and to not apply for citizenship. Thugs tend to see everything as a threat and respond with violence as a first choice.

Maybe the poor widow isn’t internet savvy enough to start a go fund me page. I’m not.

And the implication of a payout for the wife? Cambodia is a land without safety nets. Many just scrape by. If there’s property involved, her payout is immediate. Only Khmer can own land and most property. Lots of stories of spouses running away with everything. Just like the chef who died penniless on the street of Phnom Penh.

Sorry for derailing the topic will the long post.
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

It's in the women's nature to select a mate that will best be able to provide for her offspring. I remember a Cambodia music video that showed the conflict of marrying the local village farm boy who she has know since childhood or marrying the admirer city man with the Mercedes. She left the village in the Mercedes. I wouldn't say the Swiss man's wife was a gold digger, I'd say the idea of sending her kids to a good school is the best for her families' future. They both looked happy together.

People look on their pets as family members, and it may have felt to the Khmerican that his family was under attack. A unfortunate series of events. I'd doubt if death was intentional. Sad for all parties.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

That is true, love just is. My partner and I have been together for 35years in July, there is 15years between us,and we are not even married ,it makes no difference to us,all you have to do is be honest, respectful and forgiving. You reap what you sow 😎, it helps he knows who's boss😈,and by the way I'm the youngest
MarkRobinson
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by MarkRobinson »

[Mod edit: come on, we don't need this trolling rubbish here. Take a break]
"The Truth ,The whole truth " & nothing but the T R U T H ,Galbelly for the Defense.🍇
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic